Building, a staple of Fortnite’s battle royal gameplay from the start, was deleted in the game’s Chapter 3 Season 2 update, which many players found shocking. While some players may like the more streamlined gameplay that requires them to make better use of the cover they already have, others are obviously drawn to the technical construction battle mechanics that have been the hallmark of top professional players.
That’s why players of all stripes want to know when Epic Games plans to reinstate construction as a primary gameplay mechanic. Read on, and you’ll learn everything you ought to know.
Why did Fortnite delete building?
Epic Games could have just removed building and told players to “live with it,” but instead they found a brilliant way to tie it into the game’s narrative and (rather obtuse) overarching storyline. Around a minute into the plot trailer, we see the game’s antagonist, Doctor Sloan, using a gadget to demolish structures. This is done with the intention of weakening The Resistance.
There are tonnes of accusations also being made that Epic Games eliminated constructing to effectively ‘trial’ a no-building option with the community.
Whilst we doubt this will become the defacto game mode for Fortnite moving forward, it would be a welcome step in lowing the games barrier to entry and encouraging newer players to stick around; especially when these same players can easily feel ill-prepared to cope with the enormous skill gap when faced with players who have mastered the building mechanics.
When will Fortnite’s construction mode return?
- When will Fortnite’s construction mode return? The elimination of Fortnite’s signature building mechanics was without a doubt the most significant adjustment made for Season 2’s Chapter 3. After more than a week in the game’s current state, players are understandably eager to know when constructing will once again be an option in Fortnite.
- Technically speaking the construction mechnic hasn’t been totally removed from the game, since it’s still accessible in the competitive, Arena, Creative, and Team Rumble modes. However, if the traditional Battle Royale game is your major groove, you won’t find any construction mechnics accessible.
- Early Fortnite Season 2 Chapter 3 loading screens hinted that “it’s up to the Resistance to get it back,” but all signs point to this being a temporary situation. According to numerous trustworthy Fortnite leakers construction will return to Fortnite on March 27, 2022. Despite Epic Games’ official denial, data miners have discovered a number of audio files (below) that appear to be associated with a “No Permit” questline in which players would be tasked with restoring the construction mechanics.
Do fewer structures exist because Fortnite demolished them?
For those of you who haven’t been keeping up with Fortnite, the annoying one-by-one boxes that your opponents have utilised to confuse you have been removed from the game, at least temporarily.
The mechanism is still present in the competitive, arena, creative, and Team Rumble playlists, but players who choose to forgo impromptu construction projects during matches can do so in the new “Zero Build” mode.
Will Fortnite Keep No Building?
But what about a permanent “no-build” mode? It’s no secret that the elimination of buildings in Fortnite is hugely popular among both casual players and professional streamers. How likely are we to obtain the option to play without constructing permanently, given the high desire for its removal?
If the signs are to be believed, Epic Games might provide us with the best of both worlds. Soon, construction will be enabled once again in the game’s primary modes, although a permanent “no-build” mode will replace it. More enticingly, you won’t be constrained to a set party size, since there will be versions for individuals, pairs, and small groups.
When will building be available in Fortnite again?
- On March 29, 2022, Fortnite will once again provide the option to construct buildings. While Epic Games has not officially made an announcement themselves, all evidence point towards this being the date when construction comes back to Fortnite.
- For as long as Chapter 3 Season 2 has been in development, the most reliable leakers and data miners have stated that no structure in Fortnite will be a limited-time event lasting just nine days. Given that Episode 3 of Season 2 premiered on March 20, March 29 would be precisely nine days away.
- Additionally, the objective of the Rebuilding Quests is to restore buildings, similar to the objective of the Fortnite establish Device Uplink. As the community goes through these chores, we grow closer and closer to opposing Doctor Slone’s anti-build methods.
When did construction return to Fortnite?
On March 29, 2022, Fortnite once again let players to construct buildings. Therefore, after a nine-day hiatus, players may once again erect crude fortifications.
Will Fortnite ever have a “no construction” option that is always on?
- Although construction is back in Fortnite, several gamers requested for a permanent ‘no building’ mode to be introduced to the game.
- Epic has heard the requests, and coming forward, players will have the option to play in a mode called Zero Build, which provides the same no-build gameplay. It first appeared on March 29, 2022, and its expiration is as of yet unknown.