We often forget the romantic potential of our homes, and no, we’re not just talking about the bedroom. When we think of date-nights, restaurants, crowded bars, and concerts come to mind. But, even those outings can get dull after a while. Just because you’re looking to connect with your significant other, it doesn’t mean you have to dress up and go out. Your home can be just as fun as your favorite downtown spot.
Here are some of our favorite at-home date ideas suitable for every room in your house.
If you’re looking to have some fun in your…
- Backyard: Grab a blanket, a speaker, and your favorite snacks. Your backyard is the perfect place to have a picnic, do a couple’s work out, watch the sunset, and even star-gaze.
- Bedroom: We all know how much fun the bedroom is… if you catch our drift. But have you thought about transforming it into your next date-night destination? Lure your partner to the bed by offering them a massage or trying out a sexy game like strip Jenga.
- Bathroom: It’s time to get steamy – literally. The bathroom is one of the BEST places to practice self-care, so why not do it with your partner? Fuel the spark in your relationship by having a spa night. Light some candles, run a bath, put on your favorite face masks, and relax.
- Kitchen: Plan your next date night around your kitchen. Come up with a five-course meal, make each other’s favorite desserts, or have a DIY wine tasting. Remember, the best way to the heart is through the stomach.
- Living Room: Binge-watching your favorite show can be considered a date. But, variety is what strengthens a couple’s bond. Next time you’re kicking it on the couch, try challenging your partner to a video-game tournament, dance-off, or karaoke duel.
There’s no doubt that outings are fun, but at-home dates can be just as delightful. All you need is a little effort and a whole lot of creativity. Give these at-home date-night ideas a try. Maybe you’ll end up liking them more than your typical nights out.