In the corporate setting, finding the right talent and retaining them is quite challenging. Opportunities for skill acquisition or next-level learning in their domain often act as incentives for top talent. However, cookie-cutter courses lack the exact skills and competencies employees of an organization need. Instead, a custom eLearning development program designed and developed to overcome their skill gaps offers a much higher Return on Learning (ROL) . The most convenient mode for such customized learning is mobile learning. Subsequently, mobile learning development becomes an integral part of eLearning.
How did mobile learning emerge as an L&D solution?
Organizations recognized the limitations of traditional classroom-based training. They seek a more flexible, accessible, and cost-effective solution to address the skills gap and prepare their employees for the future. To bridge the gap, the educational and training industry developed mobile learning. Now mobile learning development is the future of training and learning. Some of the factors behind this transition are –
- New technology usage: There is an extensive use of smart devices, which pushed the demanded for designing learning materials that are suitable for display on small screens such as mobile devices, smartphones and more.
- Changing learning styles: The rise of digital natives and their preferences for interactive content, rich multimedia experience, and on-the-move consumption of training materials is driving mobile learning development.
- Flexibility: There has been a demand for flexibility in learning and development as the world is becoming increasingly technology-dependent and liberated from location-specific learning.
- Higher access: Mobiles can improve accessibility for different learning segments. For example, it can accelerate learning for those with disabilities with assistive technologies such as screen readers and text-to-speech tools.
- Cost-effective: On-the-move learning can be more cost-effective than traditional forms as it eliminates the logistical load and the need for other infrastructural requirements.
Why has custom eLearning been the most popular L&D mode?
Custom eLearning development has become the hallmark of learning and development for the following reasons:
- Convenient access: Mobile learning development allows learners to access training materials from anywhere, anytime, at their convenience. This allows organizations to reach a wider audience, including employees who may be located in remote or off-site locations.
- Increased engagement: Mobile learning is often more interactive and engaging than traditional forms of training. Using multimedia, such as videos, interactive interfaces, animations, and quizzes, can help keep learners engaged and improve their retention of the material.
- Customization: Custom e-learning development allows organizations to tailor training programs to meet their needs and requirements. This can include company-specific branding, customized content, and the integration of specific technologies or tools.
Implementing mobile learning with customized learning content
Mobile learning and custom eLearning development can be effective ways to enhance the training and development programs of an organization. Here are some steps to implement these approaches in an organization:
- Identify the learning needs: Determine which skills need to be developed.
- Choose the right platform: Determine whether a mobile learning or eLearning development platform is the best fit for your organization.
- Develop custom content: Create custom eLearning content that is relevant to your organization and addresses the identified learning needs. This content should be interactive, engaging, and optimized for mobile devices.
- Implement the training: Roll out the training program to your employees using the chosen platform. One way to ensure the program achieves the target goals is to ensure that all employees have access to the training. All need to be informed about such a program.
- Metrics analysis: A key phase of a successful training program is to measure the effectiveness by evaluating necessary parameters and employee performance. Use feedback from employees to make any necessary adjustments to the training program.
Thus, using mobile learning and custom eLearning development can help organizations provide flexible and effective training to their employees, resulting in improved performance and productivity. The foundation for mobile learning is provided by custom eLearning development, while the reach and accessibility of eLearning are expanded by the former.
Infopro Learning is a leading provider of customized eLearning development solutions for organizations to train and develop employees effectively. By creating custom eLearning development programs and updated learning content, organizations can ensure their employees have the necessary skills and knowledge to stay ahead in their respective industries.