Berkey water filter systems are popularly used for filtering and purifying water. The Berkey water filter is designed to be used in the home or office to provide clean drinking water. The system uses gravity to push water through the filters, which are made of stainless steel.
The Berkey system consists of four different sizes of containers that can hold up to six gallons of water each. Each container also has a filter attached to it. The filters can be cleaned by removing them from their container, rinsing them with water, and then putting them back into place.
When you purchase your first Berkey system, it will come with two large containers, two small containers and one spigot for dispensing your filtered water. You can purchase additional containers at any time if you need more space or if you want to have extra containers available just in case one breaks or becomes damaged somehow.
Step 1: Description of the Berkey and its parts.
The Berkey water filter system consists of two main components: The upper chamber and lower chamber. Both chambers are made from high grade food grade plastic that do not add any taste or smell to your filtered water.
The upper chamber holds up to 3 gallons of water at a time and has a capacity for about 6 liters (1 gallon) of unfiltered water before needing to be refilled again (this depends on how much sediment is in your local tap water). The lower chamber holds up to 2 gallons at a time and has a capacity for about 4 liters (1/2 gallon) before needing refilling again (again, this depends on how much sediment.
Step 2: Assembly Instructions
- 1.Unpack the Berkey® Water Filter System and make sure all parts are present.
- 2.Place the two filter housings on a flat surface, with the spigot facing up.
- 3.Attach the top lid to one of the housing units by snapping it in place.
- 4.Insert the filter housing assembly into one end of each spout extension tube until it is firmly seated and secure with a washer and wing nut provided in your kit.
- 5.Connect the spout extensions to each other by connecting their male ends with a clamp or screwdriver and then tightening down securely with pliers or wrench. The tubing will be snug when secured properly so be sure not to over tighten!
- 6.Now that you have your housing assembly complete, install it on top of your Berkey® Black or Royal Crown system by first attaching each end cap onto its respective side of your existing unit (this will become obvious once you have installed the housing). Then slide each end cap onto its respective side until they snap into place at the bottom of your unit; this will ensure that no water escapes from anywhere other than through your new filters! Congratulations
Step 3: Small Stainless steel water filter housing assembly instructions
The next step is to remove the lid from the Berkey water filter housing. You will need a 2″ wrench to tighten the small nuts on each side of the filter housing. Use an adjustable wrench to loosen and tighten the small nuts on each side of the Berkey water filter housing. The small nut on top of the filter housing is used for adjusting flow rate and is not used for assembly or disassembly.
The next step is to install one 1/4″ NPT Male Pipe Adapter into each side of your Berkey water filter. The pressure gauge, quick connect fittings, shut off valve and any other accessories will attach to these adapters in order to work properly with your Berkey system.
Step 4: Installation of the Black Berkey purifiers in the lower chamber.
This step is a little tricky, so use caution and common sense. The Black Berkey purifiers are very lightweight, and they can easily be accidentally dropped into the lower chamber. If you do drop one, you will have to start over from the beginning.
- First, you will want to place your lower chamber onto the stand that comes with it. Once it’s secure, take a look at how much space is remaining between your Black Berkey and the lip of your upper chamber. This will determine how many purifiers you need to use.
- For example, if there is enough room for only two purifiers in your upper chamber (i.e., there’s no extra room), then you should only use two purifiers in your lower chamber as well (even though there are three holes). This will allow enough room for air circulation through all four filters but also prevent them from being too close together which could cause clogging issues or restrict flow rate through one or more of them.
- Once you’ve determined how many purifiers will fit comfortably within your upper chamber, fill each hole with a filter and secure each one by hand tightening it clockwise into place.
Step 5: Reassembly Instructions after installation.
If you want to build your own Berkey system, there are several things that you’ll need:
- Berkey Water Filter is a countertop water filter that removes all harmful chemicals, pathogens and heavy metals from your water. It is one of the best filters available in the market.
- The Berkey Water Filter comes in different sizes and can be used for different purposes. The bigger Berkey systems are used by families and can filter up to 12 gallons of water per hour. The smaller versions are ideal for camping trips or emergencies when you need to use less than four gallons per hour.
- The Berkey Water Filter is made up of two parts: the stainless steel vessel and the Black Berkey™ elements. These two parts work together to remove pollutants from your drinking water.
- The stainless steel container stores the water and has a spigot at its base so that you can dispense your filtered water with ease.
Berkey Water Filter
- Berkey is a popular brand of water filter that uses a gravity-fed system. The filters are made of stainless steel and come in various sizes, from personal use to commercial use. A Berkey Water Filter can be used to purify water for drinking, cooking or bathing.
- The Berkey System is an effective method of removing contaminants from water by using filtration elements with different sizes of micron pore size. There are six different types of filters available: Black Berkey Elements, Royal Berkey Elements, Crown Berkey Elements, Travel Berkey Elements, Big Berkey Elements and Royal Traveler Elements.
- The Black and Royal Berkeys both have a 0.1 micron filter that removes bacteria and parasites from water by using an activated carbon core in the element. The Crown has a 0.5 micron filter that removes more bacteria from your water than the Black or Royal but not as much as the Traveler or Big Berkey Filters which have .2 micron filters that eliminate viruses from your water supply as well as bacteria and parasites.