Question 1 of 30
Date: 22/04/2019 21:41:14
Time Remaining :
1) As the printing press became more efficient‚ literacy rates increased‚ and exaggerated news events‚ scandalous topics‚ and catchy headlines‚ newspaper circulation grew in the first half of the 19th century‚ and a form of journalism known as _____________ journalism emerged featuring sensational articles.
2) U.S. radio and television stations are mandated to provide an equivalent to all candidates running for political office who request time on air.This is a ______ _____ rule.
3) In an attempt to portray the elected official or a certain political issue in the most favorable way‚ Politicians and their aides and press secretaries often place_____________ on information they present to reporters and journalists.
4) Below statements are NOT false regarding the media (pick all that apply).
5) What is the advertising which is often used by political candidates during their political and focuses on action or stances taken by the candidate’s opponent?
6) Related to the advent and development of television‚ which of the following are important political ramifications or events(pick all that apply)?
7) The television network coverage of presidential candidates are most frequently focused on _______________‚ during national election.
8) Reporting of the events of the _____________branch of government‚ attracts the attention of the mass media.
9) The newly established Federal Communications Commission (FCC)‚ an independent U.S. government agency‚ received radio jurisdiction authority and The Federal ____________ Act of 1934 did away with the Federal Radio Commission.
10) A policy was abolished by the FCC in 1987 during the Reagan administration‚ but has since been supported by liberals who want to reenact this policy.The_____________ Doctrine was a policy established by the FCC requiring that radio and TV stations present opposing points of view on important controversial issues in a manner that is truthful and gives equal weight to each point of view.
11) A group of journalists from the late 1800s to the Progressive Era of the early 1900s ‚ investigated and wrote exposes on societal issues such as conditions in factories‚ sweatshops‚ and prisons as well as political corruption . ?________________? was the term given to them.
12) In the 19th century‚ the great increase in the circulation and popularity of newspapers led to ________________.
13) What is the term used in the social sciences to describe a person who has a disproportionate amount of a certain sought-after resource such as political power‚ education‚ or wealth?