Question 1 of 30
Date: 18/01/2019 22:21:23
Time Remaining :
1) A group of lines in a poem is called as ________.
2) When__________ events and characters are used to tell a story while writing a prose‚ it is a Fiction‚ While prose writing that is believed to be true by an author at the time of writing‚ is a non-fiction.
3) A pattern of repeating sounds in a poem is called as__________scheme.
4) Often‚ this figure of speech means exactly the opposite of what it states or implies. Its use implies restraint.It is called as ________ when something appears different than how it actually is.
5) A story about a person‚ written by that person is an autobiography whereas a story about a person‚ written by ______ person is known as a biography.
6) _______ is a unit of measurement which is consisting of syllables in poetry.
7) A_______ writing on a specific subject or idea is an essay.
8) Prose writing is not _____ or drama.
9) Which of the following is present in Blank verse ? (Click all that apply.)
10) A unit of metrical feet is contained in _______ in each‚ while poem is structured.
11) In analyzing a poem’s meter‚ which of the following is helpful? Click on all that apply.
12) In a line of poetry‚ ______ is the number of feet.
13) "What is the meter in this excerpt from ?Birches‚? by Robert Frost?When I see birches bend to left and right Across the lines of straighter darker trees‚I like to think some boy’s been swinging them.But swinging doesn’t bend them down to stay As ice storms do. Often you must have seen them"
14) A(n)_________ is a phrase‚ image‚ or action that unifies a work of literature by recurring throughout it‚ while a theme is the central idea of a work of literature‚ the general topic or subject.
15) While writing a Poetry‚ it should be non________.
16) Throughout a story ‚ _________characters do not change significantly‚ while dynamic characters may change only subtly‚ as in attitude‚ but the underlying significance of the story is through these minute changes .
17) Mention the different stages of dramatic structure? (Click all that apply.)
18) Certain characteristics of life is explained in A(n)______ story.
19) After an author’s death‚ _________ indicates a literary work published.
20) Below are different means of ?informal‚ conversational speech?? Pick all that apply.)
21) Arrangement of words within a sentence or phrase is called as ______.
22) During 1920’s through 1960’s‚ ________reading was a literary trend‚ where words and their order within a literary work were scrutinized.
23) The story which is usually autobiographical and told from first-person point-of-view‚ is A(n)_________ novel that centers on a roguish lower-class character who triumphs through use of wit‚ instead of through hard work.
24) To mask the identity of the author ‚ which of the following names are designed? (Click all that apply.)
25) which of the following is contained in Free verse ? (Click all that apply.)
26) The main character in a story is a/an______‚ while an antagonist is his or her rival.
27) Wirintg a story‚ poem‚ or other form that is funny ___________ is the aspect.
28) Which of the following types of prose that can usually be read in one sitting and usually focuses on one event and one character?
29) Style is the personalized way each author presents his or her ideas‚ while________ is the attitude of the speaker (the persona adopted by the author) toward his or her subject in a poem or work of prose.