Question 1 of 30
Date: 22/04/2019 22:31:56
Time Remaining :
1) The recipients of social security could be the following groups ? (pick all that apply)
2) Weekly benefits to persons who are temporarily out of work‚ are funded by state and federal governments and administered by ___________‚ in the Unemployment insurance programs.
3) The government’s practice of raising or lowering taxes (in order to decrease or increase consumer spending) or spending on various programs is done by The Treasury Department ‚ which is the United States’ primary agency for____________ policy.
4) About what percentage of the nation’s gross domestic product (GDP‚ the total market value of goods and services produced annually) is made by healthcare currently.
5) Following are the statements regarding Keynesian economics. Which of them are correct? (pick all that apply)
6) Regarding laissez-fair economics‚ which of the below statements are correct? (pick all that apply)
7) During economic downturns‚ the government should funnel money into the economy through increased spending‚ decreasing taxes‚ and increasing public works programs. When demand rises too high‚ the government should attempt to take money out of the economy through raising taxes or decreasing government spending.The following statements describe____________ economics.
8) A theory states that the primary way for the government to ensure a healthy economy and control inflation is to properly regulate a steady supply of money in the economy. Economist Milton Friedman is associated with development of the this economic theory of______________ .
9) Whether or not a person or family is eligible to receive benefits from the government is determine by a__________ test. This test is based on family composition and income level.
10) Below are the statements about Social Security‚ Which of them are true? (pick all that apply)
11) Under the Clinton administration in 1996‚ as a means to reform the welfare system‚ which had previously been established under the Social Security Act in 1935 and known as Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC)‚ Which of the following pieces of legislation was passed ?
12) An entitlement program in the U.S.‚ which provides benefits to all eligible recipients including retirees‚ temporarily unemployed workers‚ widows of retirees‚ fatherless children‚ the disabled‚ the handicapped‚ and the blind‚ is known as ________ __________.
13) Regarding entitlement programs (Social Security‚ Medicare‚ food stamps‚ welfare‚ etc.)‚ which of the following statements are correct?
14) In response to the Great Depression‚ President Franklin Roosevelt’s __________ ____________ legislation‚ created entitlement programs such as Social Security and Aid to Families with Dependent Children‚ established numerous government agencies such as the Public Works Administration‚ and overall‚ greatly expanded the size and role of the federal government.
15) The responsibility for the success or failure of the economy is usually placed on the__________ ‚by the electorate (voters) in America‚ causing politicians to view the economy as the most important political issue.
16) Both the public (government) and private industries own the means of producing and distributing goods and services in America ‚ which has a capitalistic free market system with a___________ economy.
17) The components of the Welfare Reform Act of 1996 is described below.(pick all that apply)
18) The government cuts tax rates and decreases regulations in the business sector and as a result‚ companies are able to hire more employees‚ have more money to use toward growth‚ and pay higher wages. In turn‚ money flows back to the government in the form of tax revenue as more people are employed and as workers earn more money (both of which offset tax cuts). _____________economics work in this manner.
19) During the period of high inflation and high unemployment rates (known as stagflation) in the early 1980s‚President Reagan used ______________-side economics‚ which is an economic school of thought ; this theory supports cutting spending on domestic programs cutting taxes in order to encourage increased production of goods and services.
20) The government rarely engaged in domestic policy such as making programs to assist people who were struggling due to unemployment‚ old age‚ poverty‚ or disabilities‚ before an event in American history and is known as the___________ __________ .
21) "Health care assistance program started by President Lyndon Johnson for persons over 65 is a government-run____________‚ that is funded by the federal government.Medical health services program that provides benefits for certain low-income children‚ adults‚ and persons with certain disabilities is a government ____________ ‚ that is funded by states and the federal government‚ but managed and administered by states."
22) When the government spends more money than it takes in from tax revenue‚ a budget _____________ in the federal government budget occurs.
23) A ?_____________ __________ ? program‚ which sought to eliminate poverty‚ disease‚ and racial injustices through reforms in the government and the expansion of social welfare programs‚ was pushed by President Johnson‚ who won the presidential election in 1964.
24) A view held by many liberals that the government (not the citizens‚ states‚ or municipalities) is largely responsible for the well-being of its citizens and should provide for the social well-being of the needy‚ is the concept of the _____________ state.