Question 1 of 30
Date: 18/01/2019 23:35:59
Time Remaining :
1) Third parties that rally support from voters who feel that the major political parties are neglecting important needs or demands of the electorate are _______________ parties‚ such as the Ross Perot’s Reform Party.
2) Thomas Jefferson and his followers who believed in a fairly weak central government and strict Constitutional interpretation‚ made up The first organized political party to emerge in the U.S.‚ and is known as the______________ Party.
3) Which of the following has happened to political parties? since the Progressive Era which was a period of reform in the U.S. from the 1890s to the 1920s ‚that attempted to reduce wastes‚ inefficiencies‚ and corruption in the economy‚ society‚ and government and sought to use ?scientific methods? to solve economic‚ political‚ and social problems.
4) When President Franklin Roosevelt entered office until a party dealignment occurred during________‚ The Democrats dominated U.S. politics from 1933.
5) Third parties are formed around one core belief. They are ____________ ____________- parties. examples include the American Independent Party and the Prohibition Party.
6) In 1948‚ Conservative Strom Thurmond separated from the Democratic Party and ran for the White House as the candidate for the________ ’ Rights Party (?Dixiecrat? Party).
7) Two parties dominated the political system during the ?second party system? period from 1824 through the Civil War‚ and The ________________ Party followed the philosophical ideals of President Andrew Jackson (1829-1837)‚ which was supported by small farmers‚ working class (known as mechanics)‚ and those living in western states‚ and believed in geographical expansion and the power of the common man.
8) An elected official is said to have a___________ to carry out certain policies and programs described in his or her campaign‚ when he or she is voted into office by a large margin of victory.
9) in the 1992 election ‚ Independent presidential candidate and American businessman ____________ ___________ won nearly 20% of the popular vote (but no electoral votes) by taking away votes from voters ‚ who would otherwise have voted for President Bush‚ and then went on to found the Reform Party in 1995.
10) The largest third party in the US‚ supports uninhibited individual freedoms‚ an economy free of government regulation‚ strong civil liberties‚ and absence of government intervention in social issues‚ foreign trade‚ and travel. This is the ___________ Party.
11) Party leaders‚ elected (incumbent) officials‚ and professionals are part of each political party‚ which has a national __________‚ that is composed of and functions to provide support to state and national candidates and develop and promote that party’s political platform.
12) An active third party in the US that is associated with Ralph Nader is known as The _____________ Party‚ and has a platform that emphasizes social justice‚ increased social welfare programs‚ government regulation of big business‚ non-violence‚ peace‚ diversity‚ environmentalism‚ and grassroots democracy.
13) An election in which there is a very significant change causing a new party to control politics‚ is signaled by a ____________ (party realignment).
14) Many groups who traditionally supported the Republican Party switched their support to the Democratic Party and causing the Democrats to gain control on nearly every level and branch of government. Which of the following events resulted in this significant party realignment?
15) A prominent political party in the U.S. formed in opposition to the policies of President Andrew Jackson during the ?second party system"‚ was the __________ Party (1834-1850s). This party supported business and economic protectionism‚ a strong national bank‚ modernization‚ and a strong national government.
16) Below are the statements about third parties . Which of them are true? (pick all that apply)
17) A Party which was made up of Alexander Hamilton and his followers who believed in a strong national government and loose Constitutional interpretation‚ was one of the earliest political factions to emerge in the U.S. and was known as the ___________
18) When many groups(coalitions) who traditionally support one of the major political parties break apart and begin to support the other major party‚ a ______________ party occurs.
19) The most important role of political parties are as below. Select that are applicable.
20) The first and only THIRD party in the U.S. to become a major party in the two-party system in 1960 is the _________ Party‚ which dominated the North during the Civil War era captured the office of president with Illinois candidate Abraham Lincoln.
21) A statement of how the political party stands on a number of relevant issues and principles‚ is a party ___________ .
22) Third parties such as the Socialist Party and Libertarian Party that turn away from mainstream ideologies‚ attitudes‚ and policies and embrace radical political ideologies are known as _______________ parties.
23) ______________ issues are matters that bring together the desires of both parties‚ in a two-party political system.
24) Below are the statements ‚ which are true of political parties in the U.S.?
25) Major political parties dominate voting in almost all elections from local to national levels‚ resulting in almost all elected offices being held by candidates representing one of the major parties in the U.S.‚Which is this party ?
26) The party system emerged in U.S. politics during the period of the 1820s through the Civil War . This period was characterized by increased party loyalty‚ increased voter turnout‚ high degrees of bias in the media‚ and increased participation in elections.
27) Under the American Independent Party platform of racial segregation‚ George C._____________ ‚ then governor of Alabama‚ ran for president In 1968.
28) Former Republican President Theodore Roosevelt ran for president as the candidate for this third party in 1912 against Republican incumbent President William H. Taft and Democratic challenger Woodrow Willson. This was the ?Bull Moose? _____________ Party ‚ that split off from the Republican Party in 1912.
29) As an economic protest party by farmers (particularly Midwestern‚ western‚ and southern farmers) and those with an interest in mining in the Western US;The _____________ Party was a third party from 1892 to 1908 that was formed. The platform of this party included a call for government control of communication companies and railroads‚ shortened work days‚ closing down of national banks‚ graduated income tax‚ civil service reform‚ and opposition to the gold standard.
30) Below are the roles of political parties? (pick all that apply)