Question 1 of 30
Date: 18/01/2019 22:59:34
Time Remaining :
1) Using the ?equal protection? and ?due process? clause‚ ___incorporation is the process of incorporating certain protections promised in the Bill of Rights into state law.
2) Amendments to the Constitution are proposed by a two-thirds vote of the House and Senate or by a national convention called by Congress at the request of at least two-thirds of the state legislatures; furthermore‚ to become valid‚ amendments must be ratified by three-fourths of the state conventions or legislatures. According to Article ‚ ______ which describes the process for amending the Constitution.
3) In response to the ruling in the Supreme Court case Chisholm v. Georgia‚ an ___Amendment (1798) was passed which states that a state cannot be sued by individuals living in other states or countries.
4) The two legislative bodies‚ the House of Representatives and the Senate‚ describes Congressional organization‚ lists powers given to Congress‚ contains the ?necessary and proper clause‚? and describes powers denied to Congress and to the states. _____ _____of the Constitution gives power to these legislative bodies.
5) The inauguration date was changed from March 4 to January 20 in order to decrease the "lame duck" period‚ the time between when presidential and congressional elections occurred in November and when those newly elected officials actually took office. It was the ____Amendment (1933).
6) For the Constitution to be amended‚ Which of the following must take place ? (pick all that apply)
7) The practice of congressional salary adjustment (1992) (if Congress votes to adjust its salary‚ then the raise cannot take effect until after the next election) is restricted by____Amendment.
8) ?on account of race‚ color‚ or previous condition of servitude?‚ the male citizens could not be denied the right to vote’. Which ______Amendment (1870) stated this?
9) In most civil cases‚ the ____Amendment (1791) guarantees a trial by jury.
10) The process of electing the president and vice president‚ defining presidential qualifications‚ listing the president’s powers‚ and describing the procedure for when a president is no longer able to carry out the duties of his office ‚ is addressed by the Article ______ of the Constitution.
11) Which Amendment (1791) guarantees freedoms of religion‚ speech‚ press‚ assembly‚ and government petition.
12) The eighteenth ?prohibition? amendment (which prohibited the general manufacture‚ sale‚ and use of alcoholic beverages)‚ was repealed by the _________ Amendment (1933).
13) Which Article of the Constitution establishes and describes the Supreme Court and gives Congress the authority to establish lower federal courts.
14) All powers not delegated specifically to the federal government are retained and reserved by the states‚ EXEMPLIFIES THE CONSTITUTIONAL PRINCIPLE OF FEDERALISM is stated in The ____ Amendment (1791).
15) The right of the accused to be informed of charges(writ of habeas corpus)‚ the confrontation by witnesses‚ the right to call witnesses for defense‚ the right to a speedy and public trial‚ the right to an attorney‚ is guaranteed by which Amendment (1791) ?
16) Interstate relations and guarantees that court decisions‚ extradition of criminals‚ and the exchange of citizenship are all valid from state to state is described in which " ____clause" of the Article IV of the Constitution.
17) Pick all that applies to The Constitution that specifically describes Congress’ power to.
18) The Presidential electoral votes to Washington‚ D.C. (1961) is given by ____Amendment.
19) Citizens are guaranteed the right to bear arms in ___Amendment(1971).
20) Pick all that are applicable to the examples of the ?necessary and proper? clause (aka the elastic clause)?
21) The process of ratifying (accepting or approving)the Constitution is described in Article ____ of the Constitution
22) Which Amendment (1865) abolished slavery except as a punishment for persons who committed crimes.
23) Protective tariffs drove the cost of goods upso high that additional forms of income were needed to raise money for the federal budget. Which Amendment was instituted primarily because of the above and which legalized the federal income tax (1913).
24) Which Amendment conflicts with the ?necessary and proper? clause of the Constitution?
25) Which clause‚ describes the hierarchy of laws in the U.S. with the Constitution being the ?supreme law of the land‚" with all federal laws taking precedence over state laws as per the ArticleVI(six)of the Constitution.
26) Tenth Amendment is interpreted by people in various ways. individuals are known as "_____" righters ‚ who believe that this amendment severely limits the national government’s power.
27) Which Amendment extended voting rights to 18-year olds (1971).
28) Which Amendment (1791) protects people against unreasonable search and seizure (describes the need for search warrants).
29) Which Amendment (1791) states that troops cannot be housed in homes of private citizens.
30) Certain civil liberties were guaranteed by the Constitution‚ For example‚ the Constitution guaranteed a trial by jury and ‚ ___which protected citizens from illegal arrest and being held without charges. This was originally drafted in 1787‚ before the Bill of Rights was added.