Question 1 of 30
Date: 22/04/2019 22:28:17
Time Remaining :
1) Individuals accused of crimes must be informed of their rights‚ because of the Fifth Amendment‚ including the right to remain silent and the right to request and retain or be provided with legal counsel before or during police interrogation as per the _____________ v. Arizona case ruling of 1966 by the Supreme Court.
2) Pick all or any of the following that is applicable to how free speech rights apply to public schools.
3) TheFourth Amendment right to unlawful search and seizure to establish the exclusionary rule‚ disallowing illegally obtained evidence to be used in federal court cases came from the 1914 Supreme Court case _______ v. U.S.
4) The Supreme Court case ______ v. North Carolina (1976) ruled mandatory death penalty sentences as punishment for certain crimes was unconstitutional.
5) To willingly or knowingly advocate or advise the overthrow of the US government or any US state government by force or associate with a group engaging in such behavior was ruled as a crime by the ____________ Act of 1940.
6) In the First Amendment‚ ______ and ______are not protected under freedom of speech that harms or defames the character of another person in the speech‚ published or written statements.
7) In a a report describing American policy during the Vietnam War era‚ the 1971 Supreme Court case New York Times‚ Inc. v. United States addressed the constitutionality of the publishing of which Papers? that ruled prior restraint did not apply because application of this doctrine would violate rights to freedom of the press.
8) Fourth Amendment determined that the exclusionary rule (illegally gathered or obtained evidence cannot be used in court) applied to state courts as well as to federal courts. Which 1961 Supreme Court case ___________ v. Ohio addressed this amendment?
9) Inorder to a search private property‚ a judge must be certain of _____________ ‚ that is‚ the search will likely reveal evidence supporting illegal activity ‚ for which a warrant to be granted for police.
10) American legal system carries the idea that persons accused of committing crimes are innocent until proven guilty. Below are the list of legal principles‚ which of them is the foundation of the American legal system.
11) The Supreme Court ruled that states’ regulation of abortions cannot place an ?undue burden? on women who are seeking to have an abortion. This is the 1992 case Planned Parenthood v. _______.
12) Sixth Amendment rules that criminal suspects have a right to have an attorney present when they are being questioned by police.This is the 1964 Supreme Court case _______ v.
13) The Supreme Court has determined that __________‚ In the area of citizens’ rights to privacy.
14) A rule states that evidence collected or processed in an illegal manner may not be admissible in court. The rule is a legal principle that applies to the Constitutional rights of defendants and is known as __________
15) U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice led the Court in greatly expanding civil rights as well as greatly expanding criminals’ rights. Name this Chief Justice__________(1953-1969).
16) Reporters cannot be forced to reveal the names of their sources in court‚ because they are protected by ____ laws.
17) The rule that has Right to protect from ?cruel and unusual punishment? and courts were allowed to resume giving death penalty sentences and upheld that the death penalty did not violate the Eighth Amendment . This is addressed in the 1976 Supreme Court case _________ v. Georgia.
18) A case determined that references to illegal drug use on a ?sophomoric? banner at a school-supervised event were not protected by First Amendment free speech rights. This case is known as the ?Bong Hits 4 Jesus? case‚ and addressed in the ______ v. Frederick (2007) Supreme Court case.
19) A law that refers to the government’s ability to prevent the publishing of certain materials‚ such as the publication of classified information before it is publically released by the government. This is known as _______ censorship law.
20) A decision by the Supreme Court to overrule the Gobitis decision of 1940‚ which had compelled the children of Jehovah’s Witnesses to salute and pledge to the American flag or face expulsion‚ is addressed in West Virginia Board of Education v. __________ (1943).
21) Courts have ruled that there is a variable standard on child______and ______ for minors.
22) According to the Constitution‚ he or she is ______‚If an individual ?pleads the Fifth? (Fifth Amendment).
23) A case incorporated _______ Amendment civil liberties by the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. This is addressed in 1966 case Miranda v. Arizona.
24) The 1984 Bail Reform Act stated that federal judges can deny bail when _______________‚ although the Eighth Amendment guarantees criminal suspects protection from ?excessive bail? and ?excessive fines‚? .
25) Protection from ?cruel and unusual punishment? has called into question the constitutionality of________ in the Eighth Amendment right of criminal suspects’.
26) Consensual sexual conduct‚ whether homosexual or heterosexual‚ was constitutionally protected under the implied ________ and is addressed by The Supreme Court case v. Texas (2003).
27) Below is the list of situations ‚ that does not require a search warrant. (pick all that apply)
28) The ruling of Betts v. Brady (1942) was overturned by the Supreme Court and declared that all state governments must provide criminal suspects in felony cases an attorney during their trial‚ even when the suspects are unable to pay for the attorney. This is addressed in 1962 Supreme Court case _____ v. Wainwright.
29) A legal doctrine provides a loophole in the exclusionary rule and allows for evidence collected or processed in an illegal manner to be admissible in a court trial IF the police can demonstrate that they had legal intentions when collecting evidence‚ such as that they were unaware that their search warrant was invalid at the time they collected or processed evidence.This is an objective ____________ exception.
30) The Court overturned a Connecticut state law prohibiting birth control. This is addressed in The 1965 landmark Supreme Court case__________ v. Connecticut ‚ in which the Court used the Ninth Amendment to determine that the right to privacy is implied in the Bill of Rights.