Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Stamps 2012
This year marks the completion of 60 years’ rule by the present Monarch of England, Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen first ascended the throne on 6 February 1952. All activities connected with the diamond jubilee celebrations will be coordinated by the Buckingham Palace. The main events will cover the period from 2 June 2012 (Saturday) to 5 June 2012 (Tuesday). It will be four days of jubilant celebrations and the whole nation will stop to observe this momentous occasion.
The Diamond Jubilee Ballot
- As a special gesture to ensure public participation in the celebrations, a ballot will be conducted for the awarding of free tickets to the celebrations.
- 5,000 pairs of tickets will be awarded free of cost to the lucky winners.
- There are some special rules which apply and are described below.
Diamond Jubilee Ballot Rules
- Each lucky winner can nominate another person to attend the function.
- All residents of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and those with BFPO addresses are eligible. Overseas applications are not accepted.
- It is possible to apply through post or online and only one person per application is allowed.
- Applications started on 7 February 2012 and will close on the midnight of 2 March 2012.
- Selection of the ballot will be done on a random basis with respect to the geographical regions described above.
- No information will be given in way of notification to those applicants who are not selected.
- Under no circumstances are the tickets transferable.
- Food and accommodation for the duration of the event including travel expenses have to be borne by the applicant.
- Re-selling of tickets is strictly prohibited.