Mississippi Tourism Places
Mississippi is the state which was built on the banks of the Mississippi river. The river flows along the western part of the whole state. This is a small state comparatively to other states. The capital of the state is Jackson. Mississippi is a low laying state which is affected by floods very frequently. This is one of the reasons why tourism has not been developed in big scale in this state. Jackson is the most thickly populated cities in the state. It is also the biggest city in the state. This is one of the most important reasons why it is selected as the capital of the state.
In the land blessed by the nature’s greenery, you can travel and experience the closeness of the nature. This is considered to be a photographer’s paradise. One can spend loads of time staring at the night sky or the evening sun. There are some places in the state which you need to visit as they are some of the best places to be in.
Mississippi Tourism Places
When you are planning to go to Mississippi you ought to know what the right place to go to is. Without knowing, you are just entering a vast forest not knowing what to do in the forest. For those who want to go to Mississippi you can prepare your itinerary from the different tourism places which are below.
- The Gulf Coast is the best place for tourism. It is ideal to start the vacation at the Gulf Coast. The coast is filled with life where you will find all kinds of mediums to entertain you. Hurricane Katrina had a devastating effect on the coast 2 years ago. But the coast is now bouncing back by rebuilding the whole coast as it was in the beginning. You will find many places where you can spend your time lazing around and enjoying the hot sun. The old casinos are back to functioning and apart from them one or two new casinos have started to give you more options.
- Next stop would be Waveland. The Silver Slipper beach is one of the best beaches in the state. You will be showered with some quality food and top class entertainment. The restaurants are furnished with huge windows from which you can see the coast and enjoy the fine food. In the gaming area, you have around 1000 slot machines which will help you to win at least once or twice.
- You can also check out the riverboat cruise. Nostalgia is the word that describes these boats. You will be thrilled to sit in a paddle boat where you can sit and enjoy the slow drift of the boat in the waters.
- Natchez is another destination which you must and should visit if you are in Mississippi. The city which is built in the 17th century is now one of the biggest tourist attractor of the state. You will find some exquisite mansions which are built with some Greek architectural style.
- Jackson is the state capital and the most happening place in the state. You are bound to come across some highly metro areas where you can do shopping and pubbing. It is the most populated city of the state. So this area deserves a stop in your trip.
- If you are a person who is interested in golf or tennis then you need to pay a visit to the LeFleur’s Bluff state park. This is a 500 acre land which will provide you with as much entertainment as possible and also some of the classic games of golf.