- The city of Merced in San Joaquin Valley is the county seat of Merced County and is located in central part of California.
- Merced city is named after the beautiful and soothing river Merced flowing nearby the city. The place is often called 'the gateway to Yosemite' because it takes less than two hours to reach this national park.
Aim to visit
- This place has lots of attractions for tourists and local population who never misses a chance to explore and visit their native attractions during weekends or any official holidays.
Let’s find out what are the major Merced attractions and what they have to offer us.
Yosemite National Park
- Though this is not exactly located in Merced yet you can count Yosemite National Park in its attractions list due its proximity and easy accessibility to the park from Merced.
- Yosemite National Park is full of things of interest, adventure and fun.
- Every year 3.5 million people visit Yosemite National Park for its magnetic attractions.
Applegate Park & Zoo
- Applegate Park & Zoo is another complete family and children hang out spot.
- Besides the animals in surroundings, you have places for picnic and gardens for freshness.
- The rose garden of this park woes every visitor to this zoo and park. The zoo is open on all days ad there is entry fee for all.
- Do you dare to take the challenge? Don't worry you won't be asked to fly a F16 or any other fighter plane.
- You will have complete demonstration of how sophisticated technology plays a greater part in navigation, aerial combat and flight maneuvers.
- You will learn a lot of these things if you have interest in aeronautical engineering or children who wish to become a part of US air force.
- Grassland Wetlands is among the very few left portions of Original Central Valley wetlands
- You will encounter various species of flora and fauna in this place. This is a place of adventure and recreation.
- You want thrilling experience during your holidays.
- Get chilled out in this lake where boating, wind sailing, canoeing, and swimming are common phenomena.
- You can hire small areas nearby lakes for picnics in a very minimal fee. And the best part of the lake is the open sunset and sunrise which gives an enthralling experience to you.
- This is a very famous fair which happens every July in Merced and is one of the popular Merced attractions.
- This is a completely family event and the activities in this fair include:
- special exhibitions
- petting zoo,
- fun and adventurous rides,
- lots of food,
- People and other events.
There are more Merced attractions like:
- Laura's Fountain
- Medic Alert
- Merced Agricultural Museum
- Merced Courthouse Museum
- Merced Multicultural Arts Center
- Red Rock Winery & Brewery
- Buchanan Hollow Nut Co
- Castle Air Museum
- Farmers Market
- Farmers Showcase.
You will have great time in this wonderful place of California.