- California is a gifted state with so many places of attractions. Its cities and places are full of cultural, educational, recreational and amusement centers.
- Chico is no exception to this.
- It’s one of the most populous cities in Butte County. Chico, the home of California State University has a large number of attractions for people all the season.
Let’s have a look at some of the popular Chico attractions.
- Bidwell Park is in fact one of the 25 largest municipal parks of the USA.
- Bidwell Park park is quite old and Bidwell Park has a large number of sight seeing options inside it.
- Bidwell has been a major tourist attraction for some time now.
- Here are few places of interest inside the park.
- Sycamore Pool is a very attractive place to visit inside the park and is unique for those who want to have complete different experience with swimming.
- With complete infrastructure and safety measures the pool is a busy hub for swimming enthusiasts.
Caper Acres playground
- A place children would find there paradise in.
- It’s too located in One Mile Recreation Area.
- The playground has some wonderful fairytale themes for children to play with.
Cedar Grove is a place inside the park for those who would love to see trees from around the world planted in this area.
- The perfect spot for picnic and recreation which is located near Manzanita Avenue.
- This place is also perfect for summer and spring swim.
- There are many other attractions too inside the Bidwell park in Chico like:
- Horseshoe Lake
- Bear Hole
- Salmon Hole
- One Mile.
Chico Air Museum
- Chico Air Museum is located in the Chico Municipal Airport where you can have a look at the outdoor and indoor display of historic and interesting aviation aircrafts.
- You need prior appointment to visit Chico Air Museum which is open only on Saturdays.
If you want a close look at the history and culture of Chico Museum then this is the right place you should visit.
You’ll have a close interaction with the culture of Butte County, Chico and Northern
Honey Run Covered Bridge
- Honey Run Covered Bridge one of the few remaining covered bridges of California and it’s the only tri span bridge that you will find in the USA today.
- This bridge is just located outside Chico in Butte Creek Cayon.
Orient & Flume Art Glass Studio
Another remarkable place is for tourists to witness the manufacturing of world famous Orient and Flume glass artwork.
- There is no end to Chico attractions.
- You will have lot more things to explore and discover in this beautiful area which is very native in nature and still has a global outlook.
- You have many other places of tourist attractions like:
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company,
- Silver Dollar Fairgrounds & Speedway,
- Stansbury House