The State of California is rated as a “must visit” tourist destination in countless worldwide reviews. It is a pot full of different cultures mixing together and creating a unique flavor of its own. The attractions in California range from beautiful Nature sites to man-made structures like the various theme parks built by Hollywood Movie studios. A new breed of tourists are also flocking California for exclusive wine tasting sessions as California is now being marketed as a wine country. California is home to many National parks as well.
Base Tourist Attractions
- The main reason behind people visiting California is to visit the Studios on the lot in Hollywood. It is the most prominent movie industry with revenues going in to billions of dollars.
- A lot of tours are undertaken by tourists to soak in the pleasures provided by the city. Some prefer the traditional grand tour while the other more adventurous kind prefers to take the helicopter tour of the city of Los Angeles.
- Disneyland is also a major draw with both tourists and locals alike. The experience in Disneyland is so famous due to the overall package provided by the renowned institution. It has a 5 star rated Hotel on the premises which offer a lot of luxury services along with theme based rooms.
- The city of Los Angeles is also known for the one of a kind shopping experience it has to offer. The state of California can provide vacation spots for people having a huge range of budget. LA on the other hand favors the rich crowd.
- One of the most famous sites in the whole of Los Angeles is Rodeo Drive. It is a shopping destination for the Ultra Rich and has luxury brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel and Versace opening shops on Rodeo Drive.
Star struck Tourism
- Attractions in California are many but hardly any live up to the hype created by Hollywood. Most of the tourists visiting LA hope to run into a Movie Star at the famous Hollywood Boulevard. Some tours are exclusively based on driving through Beverly Hills while looking at the extravagant houses of many of the celebrities.
- Hollywood Studios also mint a lot of money by organizing tours of the studio itself though certain places on the studio premises are kept out of the reach of the tourists. These tours sometimes involve meet and greet sessions with certain stars as well as visits to certain famous movie sets.
Ocean, beaches and more
- One of the main attractions of California are the beaches which provide an awesome surfing experience and beaches at Santa Monica are known to host a lot of competitions as well.
California Tourist Attrations
|California Attraction Name
|Queen Califia's Magical Circle Garden
|Museum of Jurassic Technology
||Culver City, California
|Folsom Prison Museum
|Museum of Death
|Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia
|Bob Hope Memorial
||San Diego, California
|Bosco the Dog Mayor
|The Great Statues of Auburn
|Old Faithful Geyser of California
|Toad Hollow - Tunnel for Toad Traffic
|Pee Wee Golf
|World's Largest Thermometer
|Behind the Scenes Little Italy Tour
|La Jolla kayaking, biking, or snorkeling
|Birch Aquarium at Scripps
|Boomers! San Diego
|New Childrens Museum
California Attractions by Destination
- Anaheim Attractions - Orange County Area
- Barstow Attractions - Desert Area
- Berkeley Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- Bishop Attractions - High Sierra Area
- Chico Attractions - Shasta Cascade Area
- Eureka Attractions - North Coast Area
- Fresno Attractions - Central Valley Area
- Long Beach Attractions - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Attractions
- Merced Attractions - Central Valley Area
- Monterey Attractions - Central Coast Area
- Newport Beach Attractions - Orange County Area
- Oakland Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- Palm Springs Attractions - Desert Area
- Palo Alto Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- Redding Attractions - Shasta Cascade Area
- Riverside Attractions - Inland Empire
- Sacramento Attractions - Gold County Area
- San Diego Attractions
- San Francisco Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- San Jose Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- San Luis Obispo Attractions - Central Coast Area
- Santa Barbara Attractions - Central Coast Area
- Santa Cruz Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- Santa Rosa Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- Sonoma Attractions - San Francisco - Bay Area
- Truckee Attractions - High Sierra Area
- Ventura Attractions - Central Coast Area
California Attractions by Region
- Central Coast Area - California
- Central Valley Area - California
- Desert Area - California
- Gold County Area - California
- High Sierra Area - California
- Inland Empire - California
- North Coast Area - California
- Orange County Area - California
- San Francisco - Bay Area - California
- Shasta Cascade Area - California