Beaches in Alabama
Popular Alabama beach destinations
With spectacular turquoise gulf waters and ridge of sands the natural beaches in Alabama are unique and offer unusual experience to the visitors in its own way. These beaches usually have parades, festivals and other special events going on throughout the year which makes it more popular and attractive to thousands of tourists every year. Whether it a family vacation or spending a week with your loved ones explore popular beaches in Alabama with gulf shore attractions, luscious fresh sea food and non-stop sports activities.
Some of the popular beaches in Alabama:
1. Dauphin beaches:
- The dauphin island, Alabama located in the gulf coast, is a tourists’ paradise with historic Fort Gaines, wonderful Audubon Bird Sanctuary, Dauphin public beaches and community parks. This is one of the most spectacular beaches in Alabama that protects the natural environment and provides best family entertainment.
- From fishing to cruising, bird watching to sports the Dauphin beaches are best vacation destinations with special attractions and various fun activities. If you want to be a part of the largest saltwater fishing tournament in the world, then don’t miss the chance of visiting this place.
2. Fort Morgan:
- Home of immaculate beaches and a historic fort that was built in 1834, the fort Morgan is one of the renowned beaches in Alabama with many attractions, beach houses, condos, charter fishing and other features.
- These scarcely crowded beaches located along the world famous emerald coast of Alabam have ultimate tropical climate and moderately short winters which makes them ideal for bird watching and other beach activities.
- Fort Morgan offer perfect settings for a vacation with special tourist attractions in the nearest proximity like State Gulf Park and the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge Beach, Gator Lake or little lagoon etc. No matter what the purpose of your trip, the historical richness, scenic beauty and sparkling white sand makes the Fort Morgan beaches in Alabama a special place of attraction.
3. Gulf Shores:
- Gulf Shores is one of the amazing emerald coast beaches in Alabama with 32 miles of white sand shores, great seafood and a number of family attractions that draws thousands of visitors every year. Apart from the white sparkling sand beaches the gulf shores have many visitor attractions like amusement parks, boat cruises, charter boats/sport fishing, fishing piers and many nature reserves.
- Even though Florida is popular beach attraction destination, gulf shore beaches in Alabama has gained popularity lately because of its wonderful warm spring weather and cool evenings, parades and festivals, exquisite golf courses, reasonable prices, impressive resorts and tourist attractions.
4. Orange beach:
- Located in the Gulf shore, the orange beach is a family friendly destination that offers wide variety of beach activities, fun and entertainment, historical civil war sites, zoo adventures and amusement parks, bird watching, hiking trails, canoe rides and charter fishing.
- Among the other beaches in Alabama, the orange beach is notorious for its deep sea fishing adventures and plenty of championship golf courses. It is certainly known for remarkable sea food restaurants, astounding parades and Mardi Gras festivities.