- The 58th largest city of US is Bakersfield.
- If you want to enjoy a long autumn in California then this is the right place you can think about it.
- It’s one of the sunniest cities in California so you an actually enjoy the spring and the autumn to the fullest in this city.
- The major occupations include Agriculture and petroleum.
Aim to Visit
Being considered as a desert by many Bakersfield has a lot to be explored by a tourist.
- Every city has a distinct culture and so does Bakersfield.
- The Bakersfield attraction is the restaurants with the typical dishes and ingredients of the cuisine.
- So, if you’re one of those Basque cuisine lovers you know where to go.
- When you move in the downtown of Bakersfield city you would notice a comparative smaller skyline.
- One of the taller buildings is of 10 stories.
- Since, Bakersfield consists of two main streets Truxton Avenue and Chester Avenue, the notable attractions you would find there are:
- Rabobank arena
- McMurtrey Aquatic Center,
- Padre Hotel, the Bakersfield Museum of Art,
- Historic Fox Theater
- Nightlife district centered
- The Kern museum preserves the heritage of the Bakersfield city.
- Bakersfield has preserves the collection of:
- regional artifacts
- the Oil Experience
- The Lori Brock Children's Discovery Museum and also the style of country music
- Crystal Palace and Museum- specialty museum
- Fox theatre is the best option for all the live shows.
- Fox theatre is one of those historical theatres in Bakersfield.
Old Town Kern
Located around Bakers street you would find it occupied with homeless people, but a centre of attraction of restaurants.
Kern City is the abode for the senior citizens and located in southwest Bakersfield.
- Kern River’s no doubt a good place for all outgoing people.
- The unique feature of this is that this river does not end into a larger waterbed.
- Kern River has a beautiful and natural parkway.
- So, all the nature lovers can enjoy it and also engage themselves in activities such as:
- Horse riding.
Buck Owens Boulevard
- For any music lover, this is the heart of country’s music scene.
- While you enjoy the musical vibes you can also spot the Bakersfield sign.
- Apart from this the other attractions include:
- Buck Owens Crystal Palace night club
- Bakersfield Beach Park
- Zingo's Cafe
Buck Owens Crystal Palace
- You would find the families available in this blend of hall, restaurant and museum.
- It’s a good place for all those music lovers and Buck fans.
- Westchester’s a residential area surrounded by Highway 99, 24th street, Chester Ave and Kern River.
- While moving you would find
- Kern county museum
- Sam Lynn Ballpark
- Garces circle
- Stockdale industrial park is the attraction for you as it has three commercial streets i.e. California Avenue, Truxtun Avenue, and Stockdale Highway.
- The attractions are:
- Truxtun Lake,
- the Kern River Parkway,
- The Stockdale Tower.
- Southwest Bakersfield has been the highly developed area.
- Southwest Bakersfield contains both middle class and upper middle class residents.
- You would find this area to be most populated of all in Bakersfield.
- Southwest Bakersfield has High schools, campus parks, and most important the California State University.
- If you’re interested in shopping and experiencing Riverlakes Ranch then this would be the place you would look forward for.
- But beware of the traffic for few areas. Rosedale might blow your heads off.
Sports and Entertainment
- If you’re fond of games then spring is the best time for you to visit Bakersfield. Also the summers bring the ambience for the annual Greek festival in Bakersfield.
- For all those racers the best time is March. And in autumn the annual Kern county fair draws the attention.
- A carnival is also a major part of the annual festival.
- The country music is also one of the things Bakersfield is famous for.
- The forms vary from the country music to rock and roll, the rock to heavy metal, etc. Football is the most popular sport.
Apart form the mentioned attractions; Bakersfield also has the following attractions:
- The Great Central Valley
- Camping World- Factory outlet
- California Living Museum (CALM)
- Tehachapi Mountain Range and much more.