WNBA Salaries 2014
Salaries of WNBA players are very less compared with the NBA players. Though the players of NBA teams are not participating in the leagues, they earn better than the player of WNBA team who has been participating in the leagues. Average salaries of the WNBA players will be varying from season to season but there will be very little variation.
According to the records, in the year 2010 salary for the entire team of WNBA was $827,000. If a player had experience of three to fours years, then they were able to earn around $51,000 on an average in this season. While the salary for the rookies in WNBA team were around $35,190.
Bonuses in WNBA team
Bonuses were announced for the WNBA team members if they have achieved certain achievements. The amount for the achievement will be paid for each player. Bonuses for some of the achievements are as following:
- Bonus for achieving WNBA championship is $10,500.
- Bonus for being a runner-up in WNBA team is $5,250.
- Bonus for players if they are most valuable in the team then the amount is $15,000.
- If they are rookie of the year then will earn a bonus of $5,000.
- If the player is All-WNBA First Team member then the bonus is $10,000.
- If the player is All-Star game participant then the bonus is $2,500.
WNBA Salaries in the year 2014
According to the estimations, average salary of WNBA team member in 2014 will be around $72,000. While the total average wages of league will be approximately $10,368,000. The minimum salary for the player in the WNBA team will be $37,950. While the players who have at least played six seasons then it is estimated that they will be able to earn an amount of $107,000 in this season.
WNBA Minimum Team Salary Scale
|Years of Service||2008||2010||2010||2011||2012||2013|
WNBA Minimum Team Salary Cap
WNBA Maximum Team Salary Cap
- WNBA Champion - $10,500 per player
- Championship Runner-up - $5,250 per player
- Eliminated in semifinals - $2,625 per player
- Eliminated in quarterfinals - $1,050 per player
- Most Valuable Player Award - $15,000
- All-WNBA First Team Award - $10,000 per player
- All-WNBA Second Team Award - $5,000 per player
- Defensive Player Award - $5,000
- Sportsmanship Award - $5,000
- Rookie of the Year Award - $5,000
- Most Improved Player Award - $5,000
WNBA Salary Fast Facts:
- Rookie minimum salary: $34,500
- Average rookie salary: $36,500, plus daily allowance
- Veteran (over 3 years with the WNBA) minimum: $50,000,
- Maximum salary: $95,000
- Team salary cap: $750,000, which teams may exceed by 4%