Temporary Venues in Beijing
- Fencing Hall of National Convention Center
- Beijing Olympic Green Hockey Stadium
- Beijing Olympic Green Archery Field
- Beijing Wukesong Sports Center Baseball Field
- Chaoyang Park Beach Volleyball Ground
- Laoshan Bicycle Moto Cross (BMX) Venue
- Triathlon Venue
- Road Cycling Course
New Venues in Beijing
- National Stadium
- National Aquatics Center
- National Indoor Stadium
- Beijing Shooting Range Hall
- Beijing Olympic Basketball Gymnasium
- Laoshan Velodrome
- Shunyi Olympic Rowing-Canoeing Park
- China Agricultural University Gymnasium
- Peking University Gymnasium
- Beijing Science and Technology University Gymnasium
- Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium
- Beijing Olympic Green Tennis Court
Existing Venues in Beijing
- Olympic Sports Center Stadium
- Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium
- Beijing Workers' Stadium
- Beijing Workers' Gymnasium
- Capital Indoor Stadium
- Fengtai Sports Center Softball Field
- Yingdong Natatorium of National Olympic Sports Center
- Laoshan Mountain Bike Course
- Beijing Shooting Range CTF
- Beijing Institute of Technology Gymnasium
- Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics Gymnasium
Introduction to Beijing Olympics 2008:
- The 2008 Summer Olympics will be held from August 8 to August 24.
- The host for 2008 Summer Olympics is Beijing, China.
- The opening ceremony will be conducted at the Beijing National Stadium.
- Most events will be held at Beijing.
- Some events will be held in other cities in Mainland China and Hong Kong.
- The five venues outside Beijing will be located in Qingdao, Hong Kong, Tianjin, Shanghai, and Qinhuangdao
Beijing Olympics 2008 New Venus:
Some new competition venues from Beijing have been added this year. These are:
Beijing National Stadium for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Beijing National Stadium has a seating capacity of 91,000.
- Events pertaining to Athletics and Football will be held at Beijing National Stadium.
Beijing National Aquatics Centre for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Beijing National Aquatics Centre venue has a seating capacity of 17,000.
- The following sports will be held at Beijing National Aquatics Centre:
- Water Polo
- Synchronized Swimming
Beijing National Indoor Stadium for Beijing Olympics 2008
- Beijing National Indoor Stadium has a capacity of 19, 000;
- Beijing National Indoor Stadium will host:
- Artistic Gymnastics
Beijing Shooting Range Hall for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- The Beijing Shooting Range Hall can accommodate 9, 000 people.
- Qualifications and finals for the 10, 25 and 50 meter range shooting events will be conducted at Beijing Shooting Range Hall.
Wukesong Indoor Stadium for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Wukesong Indoor Stadium Can seat up to 18,000 people.
- Basketball matches will be held at Wukesong Indoor Stadium.
Laoshan Velodrome for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Laoshan Velodrome is large enough for 6,000 people.
- Laoshan Velodrome is chosen to host track cycling races and events.
Shunyi Olympic Rowing- Canoeing Park for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Shunyi Olympic Rowing- Canoeing Park is large enough for 37,000 individuals;
- Shunyi Olympic Rowing- Canoeing Park will host the following events:
- Flat-water racing
- Salome racing
China Agricultural University Gymnasium for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- The China Agricultural University Gymnasium can seat 8,000 people.
- Wresting events will be hosted at China Agricultural University Gymnasium.
Peking University Gymnasium for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Peking University Gymnasium has a seating capacity of 8,000.
- Peking University Gymnasium will host Table Tennis matches.
Beijing Science and Technology University Gymnasium for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Beijing Science and Technology University Gymnasium can seat around 8,000 people.
- Beijing Science and Technology University Gymnasium will organize Judo and Teakwood.
Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium can accommodate upto 7,500 people.
- Beijing University of Technology Gymnasium will host Badminton and Rhythmic Gymnastics events.
Olympic Green Tennis Center for Beijing Olympics 2008:
- Tennis matches and tournaments will be conducted at Olympic Green Tennis Center.
- Olympic Green Tennis Center has a capacity of 17,400.
Existing Competition Venus for Beijing Olympics 2008:
Pre-existing venues in Beijing that are designated to host specific events are as follows:
- Olympic Sports Centre will hold Football, Modern Pentathlon (running and equestrian) events.
- Olympic Sports Centre Gymnasium will organize Handball.
- Workers Stadium will organize Football
- Boxing will be hosted by Workers Indoor Arena.
- Volleyball matches will be played at Capital Indoor Stadium .
- Softball events will be held at Fengtai Softball Field.
- Ying Tung Natatorium will host Water Polo and Modern Pentathlon.
- Laoshan Mountain Bike Course will organize Mountain Biking events.
- Beijing Shooting Range Clay Target Field is the chosen venue for shooting events.
- Volleyball matches will be played at Beijing Institute of Technology Gymnasium.
- Weightlifting events will be carried out at Beihang University Gymnasium .
Temporary Venus for Beijing Olympics 2008:
Temporary Competition Venues in Beijing include:
- Olympic Green Convention Centre for Fencing preliminaries and finals as well as Modern Pentathlon (fencing and shooting).
- Olympic Green Hockey Field for Hockey
- Olympic Green Archery Field for Archery
- Wukesong Baseball Field for Baseball
- Beach Volleyball Ground for Beach volleyball
- BMX Field for BMX Cycling
- Triathlon Venue for Triathlon
- Urban Road Cycling Course for Road-Race Cycling
Competition Venus outside Beijing for Beijing Olympics 2008
Select Olympic events will be held at venues outside Beijing.
- Sailing events will take place at the Qingdao International Sailing Centre , Quingdao.
- Hong Kong Equestrian Venues will host Equestrian sports.
The preliminary rounds for Football will be held at the following venues:
- Shanghai Stadium.
- Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Centre Stadium
- Tianjin Olympic Centre Stadium
- Shenyang Olympic Sports Centre Stadium, Shenyang
Beijing Olympics 2008 Venue Highlights:
- China’s newly constructed National Stadium or “Bird’s Nest” was inaugurated on June 28, 2008.
- China’s newly constructed National Stadium is equipped with state-of-art facilities and services.
- The “Bird’s Nest” will serve as the main venue for 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
- The musical fountain in China’s newly constructed National Stadium premises in an added attraction.
- The area of China’s newly constructed National Stadium is spread across 21.4 hectares.
- The stadium’s construction took five years to complete.
- China’s newly constructed National Stadium can hold 91,000 people at a given time.
- Apart form aesthetic appeal; it has sound-proofing, wind-proofing, rain-proofing and UV-screening.
- China’s newly constructed National Stadium is covered in a membrane like structure.