Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets Sales
- Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets will be made available in two phases.
- 1.85 million Olympics Tickets are available on first-come first-served basis.
- Customers can pick up booked Olympic tickets from selected Bank of China outlets.
- Residents of Beijing can pick up tickets from June 16 to August 24.
- Non-residents can access the ticket windows from June 23 to August 24.
- Beijing Olympics 2008 tickets will be available for online purchase till September 14.
- The Beijing 2008 Paralympics ticket sales will begin on June 20.
- It is mandatory to show original ID cards for Beijing Olympics 2008 Ticket procurements.
- Due to high number of customers, some outlets may adopt a time allotment system.
- Allotted time may be enquired form the BOCOG ticketing call center 10 June onwards.
Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets Issuing and Allocation
- The Beijing Organizing Committee (BOCOG) will issue tickets for the 2008 Olympic Games.
- Beijing Olympics 2008 participating nations have to request ticket allocation directly from the BOCOG.
- These tickets may then be made available to the public.
- For each event session, there are three seating categories- A, B and C.
- Sports world is the only company to be able to place a request with the BOCOG.
- BOCOG will allot tickets only at Game time.
- Event tickets may be collected directly from Sports world Ticket Office in Beijing.
- At some Beijing Olympics 2008 venues, tickets may be issued on a "general admission" basis with no reserved seating.
Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets Prices
- A handling charge of 20% is applied on all tickets upti 136 GBP and an extra 30 GBP for all other tickets.
- The price must be paid in full at the time of booking Beijing Olympics 2008 tickets.
- In case a seat is not allotted, the payment can be refunded.
- Draws take place at various stages during the run-up to the games.
- Bookings for specific events can be made only after the draws.
- Tickets must be booked as early as possible for the quarter-final, semi-final and final matches.
Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets Confirmation
All ticket requests are sent a confirmation note regarding the status of the request. The tags may be one of the following:
- Confirmed: Request has been fulfilled as per demand.
- Application: Tickets are not available with Sportworld but may be requested from BOCOG.
- Upgrade: Tickets cannot be confirmed in the requested category but can be confirmed in an upgraded category on extra payment.
- Downgrade: Tickets cannot be confirmed in the desired category but in a lower category. The price difference will be refunded.
- Waitlisted: Tickets are not available at present but may be released by BOCOG at a later date.
- Sold out: No more tickets are available for the session.
Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets for Children and Disabled
- All individuals irrespective of age are required to possess a full and valid ticket.
- There will be specific seats designated for spectators with disabilities.
- Seating for companions in the seating area for disabled will be limited to one per person.
- Family and friends of the participants will be given preference for the particular session in which the player is competing.
Eligibility for Beijing Olympics 2008 Tickets Purchase:
- Must be an established domicile in the territory of People's Republic of China.
- Must possess a valid ID
Beijing Olympics 2008 Schemes and Packages:
Sports world offers many packages tailored to the needs of the visitors. These are:
Single Share Beijing Olympics 2008 Scheme:
- Single travelers can choose to share room and travel expenses with another traveler who is arriving on the same date.
- Requirement should be mentioned at the time of booking.
- The partners will be lodged in a twin-sharing room.
All Beijing Olympics 2008 packages will include the following facilities:
- Superior class accommodation, from 4 to 18 nights
- Return airport transfers
- Within walking distance of Olympic transportation network
- Opportunity to request your own selection of event tickets
- Welcome drinks on day of arrival
- Services of experienced Sports world staff throughout your stay
- Access to Sports world’s Information Centre in Beijing
- Selection of Olympic Games themed souvenir gift items
- Comprehensive pre-departure information.
- Single entry Chinese visa.
- Regular news bulletins.
Beijing Olympics 2008 Individual Packages:
- Beijing Olympics 2008 Gold Tour Packages: Deluxe, first class accommodation from 4 to 18 nights.
- Beijing Olympics 2008 Silver Tour Packages: Superior class accommodation form 4-18 nights.
- Beijing Olympics 2008 Bronze Tour packages: Standard accommodation form 4-18 nights
- Beijing Olympics 2008 Supporter Tour package: Budget style accommodation from 4 to 18 nights.