Diving Sports History
- The Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) does not recognize diving as an independent sport.
- Diving emerged as a popular competitive sport only in the 19th century.
- Diving sports was first included in the Olympics program in 1904.
- Men and women participate in the 10 meter platform and the 3 meter springboard events.
- The synchronized platform diving and the synchronized springboard diving events were introduced in 2000,
- The US has maintained a track record of winning diving events over the years.
Playing Field for Diving Sports
- The Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) will approve the diving installations and springboards 90 days before the games commence.
- The installation and diving equipments must meet the standards set by the Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) Facilities Rules.
- Diving is not allowed during any other water sport event.
Competition Rules for Diving Sports
- The completion rules for the diving event will be laid out by the Federation Internationale de Natation (FINA) in a handbook.
- The responsibility for technical control and direction of the diving event, rests with the FINA.
- A Commission shall be appointed consisting of the Diving Technical Delegate and the Chairman and Honorary Secretary of the Technical Diving Committee.
- Protests and appeals shall be resolved by the Referee.
- A Team Leader may also appeal to the Jury of Appeal in case an application of protest is rejected by the Referee.
- Verbal complaints made during the session are also accepted.
- The order of participants is determined by a draw conducted at a Technical meeting comprising of Team Leaders, representatives, Coaches and Judges.
- Each Federation can send applications for upto two judges.
- Athletic quota consists of 68 men and 68 women.
Venues for Diving Sports in Beijing Olympics 2008
The diving competition will be held at the National Aquatics Center in the Olympic Green from Aug. 9 to Aug. 23
Events for Diving in Beijing Olympics 2008
- 3m Springboard Men
- Synchronized Diving 10m Platform Men
- Synchronized Diving 3m Springboard Men
- 10m Platform Men
- 10m Platform Women
- 3m Springboard Women
- Synchronized Diving 10m Platform Women
- Synchronized Diving 3m Springboard Women
Beijing Olympics 2008 Diving Events
- 3m springboard Men
- synchronized diving 3m springboard Men
- 10m platform Women
- synchronized diving 10m platform Women
- synchronized diving 10m platform Men
- 10m platform Men
- 3m springboard Women
- synchronized diving 3m springboard Wome