World Asthma Day 2015
World asthma day 2015 theme is "_____________", 2014 theme is "You Can Control Your Asthma", 2013 theme is "It's Time to Control Asthma" and 2012 theme is "You Can Control Your Asthma".
Asthma – some quick facts
Asthma is a persistent illness categorized by recurring attacks of breathlessness and wheezing, which differ in sternness and rate of recurrence from person to person. Indications may happen quite a lot of times in a day or week in affected individuals, and for some people turn out to be poorer for the period of physical activity or at night.
- As per the WHO approximations 300 million people go through from asthma and 255 000 people died of asthma in 2005.
- Asthma is the most regular chronic disease among children.
- Asthma is not just a civic health problem for high income countries: it crops up in all countries not considering of level of development. Over 80% of asthma deaths come about in low and lower-middle income countries.
- Asthma is under diagnosed and under-treated, generating a considerable load to persons and families and perhaps limiting individuals’ actions for a lifetime.
World Asthma Day is a yearly occasion structured by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to perk up the asthma alertness and concern around the globe. World Asthma Day takes place on the first Tuesday of May. The Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) toils with health care professionals and civic health officials around the world to decrease asthma incidence, morbidity, and deaths. Through possessions such as proof bases course of action for asthma administration and proceedings for example the yearly celebration of World Asthma Day, GINA is operational to progress the lives of people with asthma in each and every part of the globe. World Asthma Day 2014 will come on Tuesday, May 6.
The first World Asthma Day, in 1998, was observed in more than 35 countries in union with the first World Asthma Meeting held in Barcelona, Spain. Partaking has been greater than before with every World Asthma Day held ever since then, and the day has turned out to be one of the world's most significant asthma wakefulness and education events.
The main purpose is to generate knowledge of the disease, its appropriate care, defensive methods amid the general public, health care providers, employees as well as government officials. There are an enormous number of people who go through from asthma and its abrupt attacks. So to put off these deadly attacks and to diminish the soreness and miseries of the asthma patients as well as their relative members by making available the most excellent accessible medical help is the main objective of the world asthma day. The association with the current study and expansion in medical amenities and therapeutic aids for the illness is the plan of the coordinators. There are an array of free health check up study and encampments planned for the patients, by the chief laboratories on the World Asthma Day. Still, some of the chief purposes which are commonly considered for the agenda of the day is as follows.
- Build up a plan for diagnosing asthma in children of under age five.
- School parents about asthma, particularly on the subject of the information that it should not be kept unseen
- Offer early interference to put off communal, developmental, educational, and medical impacts of asthma.
Ideas and Activities
There are a lot of action ideas that can be pursued by the folks on the World Asthma Day. One can generate an announcement on radio or television stressing upon World Asthma Day, clearing up the sense and connotation of asthma check.
One may suggest the schemes to perk up asthma check. He may also arrange discussions concerning the chief concerns touching and increasing asthma for instance pollution, smoking, other socio-economic reasons like lack of access to asthma care and medicines in junior class majority. World Asthma Day can be observed on following manner as well.
- Calculate the weight of asthma in the district and describe a plan of care.
- Take steps as suitable for the area, depending on resources and awareness.
- Set up a replica asthma care center or unit to assist those with asthma recognize that their state is well controllable and not a permanent illness. This may perhaps be an Asthma-Friendly School or an Asthma-Friendly Club.
- Value the local confidence and attitude about asthma as they are not propagated in a day. If attitudes are imprecise, make adjustments slowly
- Organize practical conferences like Asthma First Aid, in schools or new suitable community place on World Asthma Day.
So, if every one of us attempts out some of these actions, it can escort us to most important donation for the disease
World Asthma Day Dates
International Observance Slogans
- » Earth Day Theme
- » International Credit Union Day Theme
- » International Nurses Day Theme
- » International Womens Day Theme
- » International Youth Day Theme
- » World Aids Day Theme
- » World Blood Donor Day Theme
- » World Cancer Day Theme
- » World Environment Day Theme
- » World Habitat Day Theme
- » World Health Day Theme
- » World Heart Day Theme
- » World Mental Health Day Theme
- » World Ocean Day Theme
- » World TB Day Theme
- » World Tourism Day Theme
- » World Water Day Theme
- » World Wetlands Day Theme
- » World Youth Day Theme