Winnie the Pooh Day 2015
Winnie the Pooh Day is celebrated on 18th January every year to enjoy the day with your most favorite bear and his friends. It is the birthday of the famous author Alan Alexander Milne (A.A .Milne) who was born on 18th January in 1882. He was a popular author of many children’s story books, but his most famous and loveable creation of Winnie the Pooh and his pals, Christopher Robin, motherly Kanga, bouncing Tigger, gloomy Eeyore, nervous Piglet, little Roo, bossy Rabbit and ol' smarty the Owl.
It is a sad thing that though there are enough evidences to support why the day was created, no records could specifically tell from when the celebration came into practice and was initiated by whom.
More about the Day
Milne created Winnie the Pooh and his pals with inspiration from the stuffed toys Christopher Robin Milne, Milne’s son had as a child. An interesting fact is, Christopher Robin is a character in the Winnie Pooh stories by Milne.
Winnie the Pooh Day is referred to as a National Day. However, there is not any presidential proclamation for the day. Still, it is a holiday which people of all ages, especially the young mass, likes to celebrate. Winnie the Pooh had been a part of everyone while growing up. What can be a more appropriate occasion than this day to be one with the childhood buddy once again?
Celebrating Winnie the Pooh Day
You can enjoy the day and help your kids have lots of fun on this day by making teddy bear crafts, reading Winnie the Pooh books and some works of A. A. Milne, watching Pooh movies, gifting a cuddly Winnie the Pooh toy to your kid, and make him/her dress up like Pooh.
Some of the crafts that you can try making on this day are using readymade dough or clay to make Pooh and his friends. Also you can try your hand at painting with your kids. Invite their friends to a cute courtyard party and make some really delicious honey cookies for them. You can also arrange for them to watch some Winnie the Pooh videos together.
Winnie the Pooh Quotes
Just check out these funny and Winnie quotes to celebrate the day. Funny they may seem at the first instance, but don’t forget to feel the deeper thoughts that beat within each message:
- 1. "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday."
- 2. "A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise."
- 3. "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together… there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart… i'll always be with you."
- 4. "I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."
- 5. "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
- 6. "Some people care too much, I think it's called love."
- 7. "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
- 8. "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "How about lunch?"
- 9. "When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish."
- 10. "Before beginning a hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it."
- 11. "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
- 12. "When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out."
Events in January
- New Year 2015
- Global Family Day 2015
- Festival of Sleep Day 2015
- Cuddle Up Day 2015
- Bean Day 2015
- Epiphany 2015
- Old Rock Day 2015
- Bubble Bath Day 2015
- National Apricot Day 2015
- National Static Electricity Day 2015
- Save the Eagles Day 2015
- Peculiar People Day 2015
- Milk Day 2015
- Amelia Earhart Day 2015
- Secret Pal Day 2015
- National Pharmacist Day 2015
- National Youth Day 2015
- STIQ Day 2015
- National Dress up Your Pet Day 2015
- Coming of Age Day 2015
- Hat Day 2015
- National Nothing Day 2015
- Winnie the Pooh Day 2015
- Thesaurus Day 2015
- Popcorn Day 2015
- Martin Luther King Day 2015
- Civil Rights Day 2015
- Cheese Day 2015
- Penguin Awareness Day 2015
- Inauguration Day
- Squirrel Appreciation Day 2015
- Weedless Wednesday 2015
- National Blonde Brownie Day 2015
- National Hugging Day 2015
- Measure Your Feet Day 2015
- National Pie Day 2015
- National Handwriting Day 2015
- National Compliment Day 2015
- Global Belly Laugh Day 2015
- Australia Day 2015
- Opposite Day 2015
- Burns Night 2015
- India Republic Day 2015
- National Chocolate Cake Day 2015
- Holocaust Memorial Day 2015
- National Kazoo Day 2015
- Christa McAuliffe Day 2015
- National Puzzle Day 2015
- National Bug Busting Day 2015
- 01International Day for Older Persons 2014
- 01World Vegetarian Day 2014
- 01World Elders Day 2014
- 02World Farm Animal Day 2014
- 03Yom Kippur 2014
- 03World Smile Day 2014
- 04UN World Space Week 2014
- 04World Animal Day 2014
- 04Eid-al-Adha 2014
- 04National Golfers Day 2014
- 05World Teachers Day 2014
- 06New South Wales Labor Day 2014