William Alan Shatner a Canadian actor was honored by Emmy, Saturn Award and Golden Globe award.
William Alan Shatner was born on March 22, 1931. He was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to Joseph Shatner.
- William Alan Shatner did his schooling fromWillingdon Elementary School, in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce in Montreal, Quebec.
- In 1952 he earned his Bachelor's degree in commerce from Montreal's McGill University.
- Shatner go married four times: to Gloria Rand (1956-1969), Marcy Lafferty (1973-1994),Nerine Kidd (1997-1999), and his current wife Elizabeth Martin whom he tied he knot in 2001.
- On August 9, 1999, Shatner discovered the body of William Alan Shatner wife Nerine at the bottom of their back yard swimming pool. Alcohol and Valium were detected in an autopsy; it was termed as accidental drowning.
- His friendship with Leonard Nimoy began in 1964. Nimoy said of his friend of over 40 years they both share lots of things in common.
- After William Alan Shatner third wife’s death in 1999, which was called an accidental drowning he said that she "meant everything" to him and called her his "beautiful soul mate".
- He requested public to support Friendly House, a non-profit organization that helps women to re-establish themselves in the community after woes from alcoholism and drug addiction.
- He often jogged for charity from 1976-1980.
- William Alan Shatner has performed at the Shakespearean Stratford Festival of Canada in Stratford, Ontario.
- In 1951, he gave his debutant in a Canadian film namedThe Butler's Night Off.
- In the year 1958, Shatner's first feature role came.
- In 1959, William Alan Shatner received good enough reviews when he managed to take the role of Robert Lomax in the Broadway production of The World of Suzie Wong.
- 1961, he starred in the Broadway play.
- He starred in Roger Corman's award-winning movie The Intruder in William Alan Shatner year 1962.
- From 1979 to 1991, in the first six Star Trek films William Shatner played the role of Captain Kirk in the first six Star Trek films, and later on directed the fifth.
- In 1997, he made the final appearance as Captain Kirk in Starfleet Academy.
- On October 19, 2005, while working on the set of Boston Legal, Shatner was hospitalised for lower back pain. He finally passed a kidney stone, but recovered and soon got back to work.
- In January 2007, he set up a series of daily vlogs on his life calledShatnerVision.
- On November 20, 2007, he became a part of the national television commercial series.
- In the Hollywood Home games he also plays on the World Poker Accomplishments.
- He gained fame for playing Captain James Tiberius Kirk, in the television show Star Trek from 1966 to 1969 and in seven of the subsequent movies.
- On The $20,000 Pyramid in the 1970s Shatner was an occasional celebrity guest.
- He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1983.
- William Alan Shatner apart from being an actor is a good writer as well. He has written book that describes his experiences playing James T. Kirk and being a part of Star Trek.
- In the year 1968, Shatner got notice for having participated in the first interracial kiss in aU.S. television drama series between fictional characters, with Nichelle Nichols.
- He also wrote and directed a college musical ...."The Red, White and Blue Revue".
- He runs paintball recreation center in the U.S. called SPLATT.
- William Alan Shatner has won many awards until now.
- Her also received the Saturn Award for Best Actor (film) Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982).
- Her won the Golden Raspberry Awards for the following: Worst Actor (1989) Star Trek V: The Final Frontier Worst Director (1989), Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- He won the Golden Globe Awards for Best Supporting Actor - Miniseries/TV Movie (2005 Boston Legal).
- He won a Golden Globe, an Emmy in 2005 and got nominated again in 2006.
- He got nominated for the Golden Globe again in 2008.
- He has won an Emmy and a Golden Globe Award for playing the role of Denny Crane on the television drama Boston Legal.