When is Nevada Day
Nevada Day is observed as a state holiday in Nevada. The last Friday of October is celebrated as Nevada Day every year to commemorate the legacy of the frontier of Nevada. The day also honors the entry of Nevada joining the Union as the 36th state on October 31 in 1864.
How is Nevada Day Celebrated
The day is a legal holiday for the state. A lot of celebrations are held in Carson City including a large parade which has been the custom since 1938.
There are also colorful events held for festive celebrations, like rock drilling contests, battle of bands, beard contests, and a lot of sporting events. There are also concerts or balls for the evening while people celebrate their day of statehood by touring the governor’s mansion during the day.
- 17Citizenship Day 2014
- 17Constitution Day 2014
- 18National Cheeseburger Day 2014
- 19Puppy Farm Awareness Day 2014
- 22Elephant Appreciation Day 2014
- 23First Day of Autumn 2014
- 25Rosh Hashanah 2014
- 25Ataxia Awareness Day 2014
- 26Johnny Appleseed Day 2014
- 26Native American Day 2014
- 28Gold Star Mother's Day 2014
- 28Fast of Gedaliah 2014