When is Nevada Day
Nevada Day is observed as a state holiday in Nevada. The last Friday of October is celebrated as Nevada Day every year to commemorate the legacy of the frontier of Nevada. The day also honors the entry of Nevada joining the Union as the 36th state on October 31 in 1864.
How is Nevada Day Celebrated
The day is a legal holiday for the state. A lot of celebrations are held in Carson City including a large parade which has been the custom since 1938.
There are also colorful events held for festive celebrations, like rock drilling contests, battle of bands, beard contests, and a lot of sporting events. There are also concerts or balls for the evening while people celebrate their day of statehood by touring the governor’s mansion during the day.
- 11National Worship of Tools Day 2014
- 11Plumbers Day 2014
- 12Plant a Flower Day 2014
- 12Girl Scouts Day 2014
- 13Palm Sunday 2014
- 13Earmuff Day 2014
- 13National Jewel Day 2014
- 14National Potato Chips Day 2014
- 14Learn About Butterfly Day 2014
- 15National Pears Helene Day 2014
- 16Freedom of Information Day 2014
- 17St Patricks Day 2014