What is Civil Rights Day
Civil Rights Day also known as Martin Luther King, Jr Day, and is a federal holiday. It is celebrated on the 3rd Monday of every January. This is approximately around his birthday which is on January 15th.
Civil Rights Day was started by Martin Luther King, Jr who was instrumental in promoting nonviolent activities in America. He was at the core of the Civil Rights moment. There was lot of hue and cry for declaring a federal holiday after the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. Ronald Reagan signed the law for the same in 1983. There is a lot of respect for the man who fought for the poor. High officials pay huge respect to him on this day.
- 12Plant a Flower Day 2014
- 12Girl Scouts Day 2014
- 13Palm Sunday 2014
- 13Earmuff Day 2014
- 13National Jewel Day 2014
- 14National Potato Chips Day 2014
- 14Learn About Butterfly Day 2014
- 15National Pears Helene Day 2014
- 16Freedom of Information Day 2014
- 17St Patricks Day 2014
- 17Evacuation Day 2014
- 17Boston Evacuation Day 2014