USA F1 visa is also known as student visa. Foreign students who want to pursue their education in USA after their graduation or they want to pursue their graduation in USA need to apply for a USA F1 visa. This is the most applied visa in all the various categories of visa. Once you apply for the visa you are asked to attend an interview in the nearest consulate to your house. You need to take some vital documents along with you which prove your academic and financial qualifications. There are mandatory and supporting documents which you have to carry along with you for attending the interview.
The documents which prove your nationality and personal identity are considered to be mandatory documents. The list of mandatory documents is given below.
- Confirmation page of Form DS-160 which is submitted online
- Interview appointment letter both original and photocopy
- Form I-20 which is the original SEVIS generated.
- Proof for payment of SEVIS fee receipt I-901 i.e. if applicable.
The documents which prove your qualification and financial eligibility for F1 visa application are known as supporting documents. These documents are very important for counsel office to validate the information which you provide in the form. Here is the list of supporting documents –
- The photocopies of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Documents which support your financial evidence. These documents include proof for liquid assets which are the funds available to at least pay the first year fee, proof for ability to afford for schooling in USA, Form I-134 which is an Affidavit of Support is used if someone in US is supporting your education in US along with the individuals 3 years bank statements and official documents of loan if you have taken any.
- Documents supporting your educational qualifications. These documents must have original certificate of your degree, mark sheet memo, Original Bachelor degree transcripts and relevant test scores which include any of the following TOFEL, SAT, GRE, GMAT or LSAT.
- If the university does not require any of the above test certificates then you should provide a letter from the university in this concern.
F1 Visa Related Information