Weedless Wednesday 2014
Weedless Wednesday is the day when all the smokers are urged to quit smoking on this day and the major intention is to kick-start the process of quitting smoking and gaining media coverage. It lies on every Wednesday of the National Non Smoking week. Weedless Wednesday is the main point of non smoking week and it has always been focussing on media and public attention from the beginning. The idea behind the promotion the Weedless Wednesday is to approach to quit smoking campaign of one day at a time because it may happen if you ask a regular smoker to quit for a week or so they may get discouraged and would not be able to try but definitely will cope up without cigarette for atleast a day.
January 21st to 28th or the third week of January is marked as Non Smoking Week and is celebrated every year. Every year people are encouraged to take participation in the same and are asked to butt out the smoke from them. The basic aim of Weedless Wednesday or the National Non Smoking Week is to bring back the life from tobacco and anyone who have ever struggled from the nicotine addiction are free to participate in this.
The idea of Weedless Wednesday has been in the minds of the people and government of Canada and the Canadian Council for Tobacco Control and since its beginning in the year 1977 it has always sponsored the anti-smoking campaign and is running successfully for past 30 years.
Weedless Wednesday: The theory of Weedless Wednesday is quitting smoking is less daunting task and if you see small wins you should go for it therefore try not to smoke for atleast a day that is on the Weedless Wednesday.
If you give a thought to the smokers of giving it up for a week or a month or even a lifetime the challenge will be too big for them and thus they tend to fail in the middle itself. We all must remember that quitting requires lots of planning, practice and patience. And Weedless Wednesday is giving a manageable way to face the challenge and also encourages them to begin to kick the habit.
National Non Smoking Week and Weedless Wednesday gives many people the opportunity to smoke and to start working on the goal of giving up tobacco. On Weedless Wednesday they plan to quit it for a day and get encouraged to move further. This day also provides a positive opportunity to plan, practice and develop a habit of living without smoke and working on this strategy for future.
The basic aims of Weedless Wednesday are:
- Educate people about the dangers and problems of smoking.
- Preventing Non-Smokers to get addicted to this awful habit.
- Help the regular smokers to quit the same even if they are not willing to do so.
- Promote the right of individuals to breathe fresh and unpolluted air.
- Demoralize the tobacco industry and tobacco products.
- Assist to achieve a smoke free society.
Smokers can try the program and can get as much information required through this to know how to quit smoking. Weedless Wednesday will help then in any manner it can.
Events in January
- New Year 2014
- Global Family Day 2014
- Festival of Sleep Day 2014
- Bean Day 2014
- Epiphany 2014
- Cuddle Up Day 2014
- Old Rock Day 2014
- Bubble Bath Day 2014
- National Apricot Day 2014
- National Static Electricity Day 2014
- Save the Eagles Day 2014
- Peculiar People Day 2014
- Amelia Earhart Day 2014
- Secret Pal Day 2014
- Milk Day 2014
- National Pharmacist Day 2014
- National Youth Day 2014
- Coming of Age Day 2014
- National Dress up Your Pet Day 2014
- STIQ Day 2014
- Hat Day 2014
- National Nothing Day 2014
- Winnie the Pooh Day 2014
- Thesaurus Day 2014
- Popcorn Day 2014
- Cheese Day 2014
- Martin Luther King Day 2014
- Penguin Awareness Day 2014
- Civil Rights Day 2014
- National Hugging Day 2014
- Weedless Wednesday 2014
- Squirrel Appreciation Day 2014
- National Blonde Brownie Day 2014
- Measure Your Feet Day 2014
- National Handwriting Day 2014
- National Pie Day 2014
- National Compliment Day 2014
- Global Belly Laugh Day 2014
- Opposite Day 2014
- Burns Night 2014
- India Republic Day 2014
- Australia Day 2014
- National Chocolate Cake Day 2014
- Holocaust Memorial Day 2014
- National Kazoo Day 2014
- Christa McAuliffe Day 2014
- National Puzzle Day 2014
- National Bug Busting Day 2014
- Chinese New Year 2014
- Inauguration Day
- 07National Cereal Day 2014
- 08International Womens Day 2014
- 08Middle Name Pride Day 2014
- 08National Alfred Hitchcock Day 2014
- 09Panic Day 2014
- 09Daylight Savings Time 2014
- 09National Crab Meat Day 2014
- 10Victoria Labor Day 2014
- 10Tasmania Labor Day 2014
- 10National Blueberry Popover Day 2014
- 11National Worship of Tools Day 2014
- 11Plumbers Day 2014