Washington DC St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2014
Come and witness the spectacular St Patrick’s Day events at the Nation’s capital
Washington, DC commemorates one of the biggest premier Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations in the east coast of USA. Since 1971, every year people of DC have been celebrating this National festival with great interest and enthusiasm. The special Irish event not only signifies the Irish culture and tradition but also brings all the communities together at one place. Thousands of locals and tourists from nearby towns and cities flock to DC area to watch the grand spectacular event of St Patrick’s Day parade. This year the city’s parade is going to observe the theme “Celebrating Service to the Stars and Stripes” with Admiral Mike Mullen serving as the grand Marshall.
Events of St Patrick’s Day parade in DC:
- The Nation’s St Patrick’s Day parade area is a two-and-a-half hour special event where thousands of participants stroll down the 7th and 17th streets of Constitution Avenue to share the culture of Irish community. With more than 200 entries, the parade features floats, Irish dancers, marching bands, bagpipers, military, police, firefighters and many more. This is the best time of the year to enjoy the Celtic culture as you can watch the Irish dancers and listen to authentic Irish music performing right on the street stages.
- As a part of celebrations, you can expect roaming entertainers, Irish food, drinks, live music and bands playing everywhere with great amusement. Even though DC is a highly concentrated area with different ethnic backgrounds, every person participate and show respect to this unique festival by wearing green colored clothes and consuming vast quantities of green beer.
2014 St. Patrick's Day Parade in Washington DC by Location
Washington, D.C. - Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 12:00 noon
Washington, D.C. St Patrick's Day Parade 2013
Sunday March 17, 2013 at 12:00 noon
down Constitution Avenue from 7th to 17th Streets, N.W.The mission of the St. Patrick’s Parade of Washington, D.C.
- 12World Maths Day 2014
- 12Plant a Flower Day 2014
- 12Girl Scouts Day 2014
- 13Palm Sunday 2014
- 13World Kidney Day 2014
- 13Earmuff Day 2014
- 13National Jewel Day 2014
- 14Pi Day 2014
- 14National Potato Chips Day 2014
- 14Learn About Butterfly Day 2014
- 15National Pears Helene Day 2014
- 15World Consumer Rights Day 2014
St. Patrick’s Day Pardes
» New Jersey
» New York
» North Carolina
» North Dakota
» Rhode Island
» South Carolina
» South Dakota
» Washington DC