- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 10 ounces ball-tip steak, cubed
- 8-ounce box sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup pre-shredded carrots
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons salt-free soup base
- 1/2 cup quick barley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 quarts of water
Pour olive oil into broth kettle. Cook steak in excess of elevated heat until the cubes start to russet. Add sliced mushrooms and carry on to cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add torn carrots, soup base, onion soup mix, barley, basil, and water. Cover and boil over low high temperature for 1 hour. Makes for 8.
Applebee's Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip:
- 1 (14 ounce) can of artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box of frozen chopped spinach, pre-thawed
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan-romano cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces of pre-softened cream cheese
- 10 ounces of pre-made alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of finely minced garlic
- pepper (optional ingredient)
- Heat Before oven at 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, mix well, and spread the mixture into a small baking dish
- Cook in the oven for approx. 25 to 30 min or until all the cheese is melted
- Serve by bread
- 1/3 cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian salad dressing mix
- Oil (needed for frying)
- 20 chicken wings
- Heat the butter, sauce, and seasonings in excess of a average heat until the flavors are well assorted together.
- saute the wings in the oil for 10 min or until cooked. Fling the wings and the sauce together while wings are still hot.
Merchant Marine Soup
- 4 carrots, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 med. Size onion, diced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (or lean ham slices)
- 2 cans drained navy beans
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups of water
Bring all to a boil apart from beans and meat. Upon boiling point, decrease heat, add beans and meat. Boil 20 minutes, serve.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 low fat graham cracker pie shell
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix first 4 ingredients well. Place the blend in a pie shell, and sprinkle on the lemon juice.
- Cook in the oven at 375 for 30 min.
Pizza Crust Variations
- Use fewer yeast (as low as 1/4 teaspoon) if you desire a thinner, crispier crust
- Include 1/4 teaspoon of garlic power to provide the crust a special flavor.
- Additional Italian herbs (such as oregano or basil), or Italian flavor, work, too.
- Or else a mixture of other whole grain flours, to get a more substantial crust.