Define TN Nafta Work Visa
The non immigrant TN visa permits qualified Canadian and Mexican professionals to enter into the United States for a certain period of time to engage in business activities. Professionals who apply for TN visa come under the category of accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers.
The following documents are needed before your visa interview or at a port-of-entry:
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship (Birth certificate, Passport or Certificate of naturalization)
- A contract or letter of employment in the United States - to show that you have a job offer that indicates the following:
- Purpose of your employment
- Your length of stay
- Your educational qualifications
- Licensing requirements (if applicable)
- Certify the Appendix 1603.D.1 profession of the applicant
- Nonimmigrant visa application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
- Application fee payment receipt
- A passport with validity for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States
- Photo – (A photo is not required if you are applying in Mexico)
- Proof of evidence that you meet the eligibility criteria of having a minimum education and/or previous work experience as given in Appendix 1603.d.1 of NAFTA chapter 16.
- These documents include evidence of education such as degrees, diplomas, professional licenses, and /or membership in professional organizations.
- To demonstrate your previous work experience, applicants must submit the letters from former employers. If you were self-employed, provide your business records.
- Additional documentation may be requiredO1 Visa Related Articles
TN Nafta Work Visa Related Articles