67 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes, 26 secs left until Sister Day on Sunday, 7th August, 2016
A sister is someone, with whom you share your earliest memories with, and a very special bond.
Nobody really knows the origin of Sister’s day, but worldwide the first Sunday of August is that special day, when you can celebrate this extremely unique relationship in order to show your gratification and love to your sister with whom you share those special memories.
Whether the memories consist of innumerable fights and arguments or laughing together, she has been, and will remain a person who wiped your tears when you were sad, hugged you when you needed one, watched you succeed and cheered on as well as guided, supported and believed in you when you failed. She is one of the very few people in your life who will always give you an honest opinion whether you need it or not and like it or not. She will always remain your true best friend for life, no matter what happens.
The best way to celebrate Sister's Day is to spend some time with your sister. Here are a few ways of making it special and creating some more memories to cherish.
1. Meet up for coffee: Meet up for a cup of coffee or tea and chat, catch up and generally go down memory lane and have a few laughs.
2. Watch a movie together: Go for a movie and have a fun outing or just rent a few which you both like and watch them together
3. Send her flowers: Send her flowers to show your gratification and how it means to you, having her in your life.
4. Send a card: Send her a card with something special written; or in this day and age, send an e-card
5. Just Chat: Just pick up the phone and have a hearty chat with your special sister
6. Send a Present: Whether it is a box of chocolates or jewelry, make her feel special by sending something thoughtful to her which she can cherish and remember you by.
Sister’s day not only honors the special relationship between siblings by healing wounded ones as well as strengthening good ones, but also encourages other dimensions of sisterhood like celebrating Sister’s day with your sister in law or anyone else who is like a sister to you. The essence of Sister’s day is to reach out beyond borders to the women who have touched your heart and made your life special in some way.