Read a Road Map Day 2015
This is one of the most bizarre holidays of all. However, in all its craziness, there is certain logic. Read a Road Map Day is observed on the 5th of April each year. Today, we use GPS to help us to find places. However, road maps were the essential tools of travelers in the yesteryears.
This day was created to honor the art of map reading and to give a sense of orientation to people to read road maps, understand them and generally get the feel of the road without interference by electronic gizmos.
Things to do on Read a Road Map Day
What you should basically do on this day is to take a trip by road. It would be preferable for you to take a trip in the back roads through remote territory. Pinpoint a location on your road map and try to reach it by following the map.
Even if you do not go on a trip, you can still have some fun with road maps. If you can collect a few road maps, you spend a few hours poring over the maps.
Try to get maps of different areas where you can study the names of places and perhaps look them up later to decide which ones are actually interesting enough to visit at a later date.
You could invite some friends over so that you can share your knowledge of places with each other. Better still, make it into a lunch and this will serve as an occasion to reconnect with friends who you have not seen for some time.
Events in April
- Good Friday 2015
- School Librarian Day 2015
- National Tell A Lie Day 2015
- National Cordon Bleu Day 201...
- National Walk to Work Day 20...
- Easter 2015
- National Caramel Popcorn Day...
- National Sorry Charlie Day 2...
- National No Housework Day 20...
- Draw a Picture of a Bird Day...
- National All Is Ours Day 201...
- Winston Churchill Day 2015
- National Cherish an Antique ...
- National Alcohol Screening D...
- National Siblings Day 2015
- Eight Track Tape Day 2015
- National Cheese Fondue Day 2...
- Russian Cosmonaut Day 2015
- Big Wind Day 2015
- National Peach Cobbler Day 2...
- Scrabble Day 2015
- Look Up At the Sky Day 2015
- National Pecan Day 2015
- Record Store Day 2015
- Patriots Day 2015
- Kindergarten Day 2015
- Secretary Day 2015
- National Picnic Day 2015
- St Georges Day 2015
- Arbor Day 2015
- Anzac Day 2015
- Hug an Australian Day 2015
- National Richter Scale Day 2...
- National Tell A Story Day 20...
- Morse Code Day 2015
- Cubicle Day 2015
- Zipper Day 2015
- National Honesty Day 2015
- Hairstyle Appreciation Day 2...
- 27Thanksgiving Day 2014
- 27Thanksgiving Day in Australia
- 28Black Friday 2014
- 28Buy Nothing Day 2014
- 30St Andrews Day 2014
- 30Carers Rights Day 2014