Documents Required For R-1 Visa

Define R-1 Visa

R-1 visas (temporary religious worker) are for those individuals who seek to enter the United States to work temporarily in religious activities. The temporary non-immigrant visa allows religious workers, employed by a recognized religious employer to perform and engage in religious duties.

The Documents required for R-1 visa are:

  • Completely filled Form I-129, petition for a nonimmigrant visa application.
  • Form DS-156, non-immigrant visa application.
  • Documentation to show that the applicant is working as a minister of religion, a religious professional or in a religious vocation or occupation for a bona-fide, non-profit religious organization that is exempt from taxation.
  • Proof of evidence that you have been a member of the religious organization for a minimum of two years prior to your application.
  • A proof from the employer in the U.S, such as bank statements to indicate that the employer is above the poverty line and is able to support the applicant.
  • Recommendation letters to further support your case.
  • Proof of IRS-supplied proof indicates that the religious organization located in the United States is tax-exempted.
  • Proof that you are qualified for the work designated in the U.S.
  • Documents showing your financial support.

R-1 Visa Related Articles