Latifah's has gained her fame mostly through her works in the music, film and television.
- a Golden Globe award
- Grammy Award
- two Screen Actors Guild Awards
- five additional Grammy nominations
- an Emmy Award nomination
- an Academy Award nomination
Birth Place and Personal Details
Dana Elaine Owens was born on 18th March in the year 1970 and is popularly identified as the stage name Queen Latifah who is the popular American rapper, singer, and actress.
She commenced her career beat boxing for the rap group Ladies Fresh.
- Latifah was regarded as one of the members of the original version of the Flavor Unit, which, at that time, was a crew of emcees, grouped around producer DJ Mark the 45 King.
- In the year 1988, DJ Mark the 45 King heard a demo version of Latifah's single "Princess of the Posse" and gave the demo to Fab Five Freddy, who was the host of Yo and MTV Rap.
- At that time Freddy helped she sign with Tommy Boy Records, which aired as Latifah's first album All Hail the Queen in the year 1989, when she was nineteen of age.
- During that year only she debuted as the Referee on the UK label Music of Life album in the year 1989—The Hustlers Convention and also it was live telecasted.
- Her introduction managed to be both a important and a commercial success and was followed by the albums Nature of a Sista and Black Reign, which controlled the Grammy Award winning hit single, U.N.I.T.Y.
- In the year 1998, her fourth hip-hop album Order in the Court was telecasted. In the year 2004, she produced the soul/jazz standards The Dana Owens Album.
- From the year 1993 to 1998, Latifah had been a starring role on Living Single, a FOX sitcom.
- She also wrote and performed its theme music and commenced her film career in a supporting role in the year 1991 films House Party 2, Juice, and Jungle Fever.
- She is considered as the most popular celebrity spokesperson for Cover Girl cosmetics, Curvation ladies underwear, Pizza Hut and Jenny Craig.
- She has developed her own line of cosmetics for women of color termed as Covergirl Queen Collection and has starred in several commercials for the line, as well as a business with fellow spokeswoman and singer Faith Hill.
- Even she telecasted her own talk show, The Latifah Show, from the year 1999 to 2001.