Party Invitation Quotes
"After all, what is your host's purpose in having a party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi."
- Party Invitation by P.J. O'Rourke
"Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
- Party Invitation by Robin Williams
"A gathering held to enable forty people to talk about themselves at the same time. The man who remains after the liquor is gone is the host."
- Party Invitation by Fred Allen
"The goal of all civilization, all religious thought, and all that sort of thing is simply to have a good time. But man gets so solemn over the process that he forgets the end."
- Party Invitation by Don Marquis
"Dance till the stars come down from the rafters
Dance, Dance, Dance till you drop."
- Party Invitation by W.H. Auden
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
- Party Invitation by Dave Barry
"At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other."
- Party Invitation by Ann Landers
"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance."
- Party Invitation by Japanese Proverb
"The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on."
- Party Invitation by Elbert Hubbard
"When the wine goes in, strange things come out."
- Party Invitation by Johann Christoph
"[N]o party is any fun unless seasoned with folly."
- Party Invitation by Desiderius Erasmus
"On with the dance! let joy be unconfined;
No sleep till morn, when Youth and Pleasure meet
To chase the glowing hours with flying feet."
- Party Invitation by Lord Byron
"She had heard someone say something about an Independent Labour Party, and was furious that she had not been asked."
- Party Invitation by Evelyn Waugh
"There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become stargazers."
- Party Invitation by H.M. Tomlinson
"Like other parties of the kind, it was first silent, then talky, then argumentative, then disputatious, then unintelligible, then altogether, then inarticulate, and then drunk. When we had reached the last step of this glorious ladder, it was difficult to get down again without stumbling."
- Party Invitation by George Gordon
"Stay busy, get plenty of exercise, and don't drink too much. Then again, don't drink too little."
- Party Invitation by Herman
"Drink, and dance and laugh and lie,
Love the reeling midnight through,
For tomorrow we shall die!"
- Party Invitation by Dorothy Parker
"Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you."
- Party Invitation by Annie Dillard
"I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends."
- Party Invitation by Nancie J. Carmody
"If four or five guys tell you that you're drunk, even though you know you haven't had a thing to drink, the least you can do is to lie down a little while."
- Party Invitation by Joseph Schenck
"There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval."
- Party Invitation by Soliloquies
"Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea."
- Party Invitation by Henry Fielding
"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
- Party Invitation by Bill Watterson
"And the night shall be filled with music,
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs
And as silently steal away."
- Party Invitation by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
- Party Invitation by Diane Ackerman
"To alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems."
- Party Invitation by Homer Simpson
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
- Party Invitation by Ralph Waldo Emerson
"One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human."
- Party Invitation by George Santayana
"Health - what my friends are always drinking to before they fall down."
- Party Invitation by Phyllis Diller
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while you could miss it."
- Party Invitation by Ferris Bueller's Day Off