Documents Required for O1 Visa
What is O-1 visa?
The O1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for the individual who possess extraordinary ability in Motion picture or TV industries, Arts and Sciences, Education, Business, and Athletics to enter into the U.S. and engage in official activity.
Documentation needed for O1 visa is as follows:
- The petitioner must file a Form I-129 at least 45 days before the date of employment
- A written advisory opinion from a peer group must be submitted (It states the persons’ expertise in the beneficiary’s area of ability)
- A copy of contract between petitioner and beneficiary (written or oral)
- A copy of any itinerary detailing the nature of events, beginning and ending dates for the events or activities
- Formal job offer letter (to specify the dates for which work authorization is requested)
- Support of evidence to show the extraordinary ability in science, art, education, business or athletics of applicant
- Receipt of a Nobel Prize Caliber Award or other award of similar international standing.
The individual must submit at least three of the following to Show Extraordinary Ability:
- The applicant must have participated and won nationally or internationally renowned awards or prizes for excellence in his/her field.
- Individual must possess membership in associations particularly in the field of extraordinary ability, which require excellent achievement for membership.
- Citations can be submitted that are listed in the professional publications.
- The petitioner must have participated as a judge or on a panel of the work of others in the same or an allied field.
- Proof of contributions made in the field of scientific, scholarly or businesses that are of major significance.
- Proof of previous employment in a critical capacity for organizations that have a well-known reputation.
- Evidence of high remuneration for services in the field, as proven by contracts.
The US government considers the quality of the evidence provided and not just the minimum amount of documentation which has been submitted.
O1 Visa Related Articles
- O1 Visa (Extraordinary Ability Visa)
- Eligibility for O1 visa
- O1 Visa Renewal
- Duration of O1 Visa
- Reasons for O1 Visa Rejection
- » B1 Business Visa
- » B2 Tourist Visa
- » C1 Transit Visa
- » E1 Treaty Trader Visa
- » E2 Treaty Investor Visa
- » E3 Visa for Australians
- » F1 Student Visa
- » H1B Work Visa
- » H1C Nurse Work Visa
- » H2B Work Visa
- » H3 VISA (H3 Training Visa
- » K1 Finance Visa
- » J1 Exchange Visitor Visa
- » L1 Intra company Work Visa
- » O1 Extraordinary Ability Visa
- » P Visa
- » R-1 Religious Visa
- » TN Nafta Work Visa
- » Visa Waiver Program
- » USA Immigration and Naturalization
- » How to Apply U.S Citizenship