National Stepfamily Day 2014
National Stepfamily Day 2014 celebrates on September 16
What is the Day?
National Stepfamily Day is a day dedicated to the the stepfamily. This day is to accolade all the StepHeroes who decided every day to be parents to all the children in their lives. A stepfamily is also known as a reconstituted family or a blended family in which either one or both members of a couple has children from their previous relationships.
A stepparent, either a stepmother or a stepfather is one to whom the child is not biologically related. The traditional definition of a “stepfamily” is where a married couple, either one or both, have “pre-existing” children who live with them from their former relationship. Now-a-days, the term stepfamily is extended to include all the live-in couples, whether married or not.
When was Stepfamily Day Formed?
National Stepfamily Day is officially recognized on September 16 of each year in the United States, and also in the countries who acknowledge it. Stepfamily Day was formed for all the stepfamilies to spend some time together. It is an honor for the children to accept their stepparents.
Christy Borgeld started the trend of Stepfamily Day in the year 1997. This day was created in order to honor stepfamilies and to give them a day to celebrate a robust family structure. Celebration of this day gives the stepparents, their children and individual family members a recognition. It silently creates a sense of responsibility in all extended family members.
Communities in and across the United States celebrate National Stepfamily Day at organized picnic gatherings.
How is the Day Celebrated?
On this September 16, keep yourself free to enjoy with your new spouse and stepchildren. Local communities in the U.S often plan to celebrate this day. If nothing has been planned from their side, don't get disheartened! Plan your very “own” stepfamily day.
Planning doesn't necessarily mean spending a fortune. You can keep it low. The whole idea behind celebrating Stepfamily Day is to celebrate time with your new family! The following tips may help you:
- Take a professional family portrait at a studio near you.
- Go to a beach and make a blended sand bottle that represents your family. Give turn to each of your family member to pour the sand into the bottle with food color. The result symbolizes how all individuals create one beautiful and united family.
- Write letters to all the members of the stepfamily about what you love about them and what makes them special for you.
- Plan a camp-out either in the backyard or a park.
- Make a cookbook by collecting everyone's favorite food along with wacky and nostalgic moments associated with it.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes
Family love is messy clinging and of an annoying and repetitive pattern like bad wallpaper.
There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.
Happiness is having a large loving caring close-knit family... in another city.
I am married to Beatrice Salkeld a painter. We have no children except me.
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
Keep in mind ... to a dog you are family to a cat you are staff.
We are given children to test us and make us more spiritual.
The family with an old person in it possesses a jewel.
Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.
More About Family Day
- Family Day 2014
- Family Day Dates
- Family Day Activities & Celebrations
- Family Day Quotes
- Family Day Recipes
- Global Family Day
Events in September
- Canadian Labor Day 2014
- 2014 Labor Day in USA
- Teachers Day 2014
- Grandparents Day 2014
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Awareness Day 2014
- New Mexico State Fair 2014
- Suicide Prevention Day 2014
- Oklahoma State Fair 2014
- Eastern States Fair 2014
- National Peanut Day 2014
- Positive Thinking Day 2014
- National Thank You Day 2014
- National Stepfamily Day 2014
- Mexican Independence Day 2014
- Citizenship Day 2014
- Constitution Day 2014
- National Cheeseburger Day 2014
- Puppy Farm Awareness Day 2014
- Elephant Appreciation Day 2014
- First Day of Autumn 2014
- Ataxia Awareness Day 2014
- Rosh Hashanah 2014
- Texas State Fair 2014
- Native American Day 2014
- Johnny Appleseed Day 2014
- Virginia State Fair 2014
- Fast of Gedaliah 2014
- Gold Star Mother's Day 2014
- National Coffee Day 2014