National Stepfamily Day 2013
What is National Stepfamily Day?
National Stepfamily Day is a day dedicated to the the stepfamily. This day is to accolade all the StepHeroes who decided every day to be parents to all the children in their lives. A stepfamily is also known as a reconstituted family or a blended family in which either one or both members of a couple has children from their previous relationships.
A stepparent, either a stepmother or a stepfather is one to whom the child is not biologically related. The traditional definition of a “stepfamily” is where a married couple, either one or both, have “pre-existing” children who live with them from their former relationship. Now-a-days, the term stepfamily is extended to include all the live-in couples, whether married or not.
When was Stepfamily Day Formed?
National Stepfamily Day is officially recognized on September 16 of each year in the United States, and also in the countries who acknowledge it. Stepfamily Day was formed for all the stepfamilies to spend some time together. It is an honor for the children to accept their stepparents.
Christy Borgeld started the trend of Stepfamily Day in the year 1997. This day was created in order to honor stepfamilies and to give them a day to celebrate a robust family structure. Celebration of this day gives the stepparents, their children and individual family members a recognition. It silently creates a sense of responsibility in all extended family members.
Communities in and across the United States celebrate National Stepfamily Day at organized picnic gatherings.
How is Stepfamily Day Celebrated?
On this September 16, keep yourself free to enjoy with your new spouse and stepchildren. Local communities in the U.S often plan to celebrate this day. If nothing has been planned from their side, don't get disheartened! Plan your very “own” stepfamily day.
Planning doesn't necessarily mean spending a fortune. You can keep it low. The whole idea behind celebrating Stepfamily Day is to celebrate time with your new family! The following tips may help you:
- Take a professional family portrait at a studio near you.
- Go to a beach and make a blended sand bottle that represents your family. Give turn to each of your family member to pour the sand into the bottle with food color. The result symbolizes how all individuals create one beautiful and united family.
- Write letters to all the members of the stepfamily about what you love about them and what makes them special for you.
- Plan a camp-out either in the backyard or a park.
- Make a cookbook by collecting everyone's favorite food along with wacky and nostalgic moments associated with it.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes
Family love is messy clinging and of an annoying and repetitive pattern like bad wallpaper.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Walt Streightiff
Happiness is having a large loving caring close-knit family... in another city.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by George Burns
I am married to Beatrice Salkeld a painter. We have no children except me.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Brendan Behan
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Red Buttons
Keep in mind ... to a dog you are family to a cat you are staff.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Anonymous
We are given children to test us and make us more spiritual.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by George Will
The family with an old person in it possesses a jewel.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Chinese Proverb
Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.
National Stepfamily Day Quotes by Gary Grant
More About Family Day
- Family Day 2013
- Family Day Dates
- Family Day 2013 Activities & Celebrations
- Family Day Quotes
- Family Day Recipes
- National Stepfamily Day 2013
Events in September
- Labor Day in USA 2013
- Canadian Labour Day 2013
- National Chocolate Wafer Day 2013
- Teachers Day 2013
- Rosh Hashanah 2013
- Grandparents Day 2013
- Fast of Gedaliah 2013
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Awareness Day 2013
- Suicide Prevention Day 2013
- National Peanut Day 2013
- Positive Thinking Day 2013
- Yom Kippur 2013
- National Thank You Day 2013
- Mexican Independence Day 2013
- National Stepfamily Day 2013
- Constitution Day 2013
- Citizenship Day 2013
- National Cheeseburger Day 2013
- Sukkot 2013
- First Day of Autumn 2013
- Elephant Appreciation Day 2013
- Ataxia Awareness Day 2013
- Johnny Appleseed Day 2013
- Native American Day 2013
- Gold Star Mother's Day 2013
- National Coffee Day 2013
- New Mexico State Fair 2014
- Oklahoma State Fair 2014
- Eastern States Fair 2014
- Texas State Fair 2014
- Virginia State Fair 2014
- 13International Mountain Day 2013
- 13World Violin Day
- 16Las Posadas 2013
- 17Wright Brothers Day 2013
- 18International Migrants Day 2013
- 21Forefathers Day 2013
- 25Happy Christmas
- 26Kwanzaa 2013
- 26Boxing Day 2013
- 31New Years Eve 2014