National Cereal Day 2014
Cereals by definition belong to a particular class of food grains, among which rice, wheat and barley are included. Today, the term cereal is used to describe “breakfast cereals”, which are processed foods which are made up of basic cereals. Today, the breakfast cereal business has become a huge industry and there are massive sections dedicated to breakfast cereals in all supermarkets.
Cereals are the most convenient form of breakfast, as they are usually made ready to eat by just adding a bit of milk and sugar. Cereals are popular among young and old alike and so it is not surprising that a special day has been set aside for this popular form of food. National Cereal Day is celebrated on the 7th of March each year.
How to eat Cereals
In line with National Cereal Day, here are a few ideas how you can make your cereal-eating experience more interesting.
Cereals are normally eaten with just milk and sugar. However, you can cut some fresh fruits like strawberries, kiwi fruit, peaches and apricots to make a pleasant variation.
Nuts like cashews, pistachios, almonds, raisins, walnuts and pecans add to the flavor of the cereal.
Cereals taste great when mixed with granola, which gives that extra zing to the general taste.
Liquid additives such as maple syrup, honey and fruit crush should not be ruled out as these can give a finishing touch to your cereal meal.
Activities on this Day
On this day, make sure you have a cereal breakfast. You should use a variety of cereals so that you get a wholesome breakfast.
As it’s a special day, share your breakfast with someone special, a friend, your parents, brother or sister.
When you go to the supermarket on National Cereal Day, visit the cereal section to find out about the different varieties of cereal on display. Take some home with you and you may discover some interesting ones.
Tell whoever you meet about what day it is so that they can tell others and as many people as possible will know about National Cereal Day.
Whatever you do on this day, make sure that cereals get their due and make sure to have lots of fun with your friends and family on National Cereal Day.
Events in March
- Western Australia Labor Day 2013
- Daylight Savings Time 2013
- Victoria Labor Day 2013
- Tasmania Labor Day 2013
- St Patrick's Day 2013
- Palm Sunday 2013
- Passover 2013
- Good Friday 2013
- Easter 2013
- National Pig Day 2014
- National Horse Protection Day 2014
- Work Your Proper Hours Day 2014
- Self Injury Awareness Day 2014
- Texas Independence Day 2014
- National Banana Cream Pie Day 2014
- National Old Stuff Day 2014
- Alexander Graham Bell Day 2014
- I Want You To Be Happy Day 2014
- National Anthem Day 2014
- Dominica Carnival 2014
- Trinidad Carnival 2014
- Hug a GI Day 2014
- National Pound Cake Day 2014
- National Cheese Doodle Day 2014
- National Multiple Personality Day 2014
- National Dentist Day 2014
- National Frozen Food Day 2014
- National Cereal Day 2014
- Middle Name Pride Day 2014
- National Alfred Hitchcock Day 2014
- Panic Day 2014
- National Crab Meat Day 2014
- National Blueberry Popover Day 2014
- Plumbers Day 2014
- National Worship of Tools Day 2014
- Plant a Flower Day 2014
- Girl Scouts Day 2014
- National Jewel Day 2014
- Earmuff Day 2014
- National Potato Chips Day 2014
- Pi Day 2014
- Learn About Butterfly Day 2014
- National Pears Helene Day 2014
- Freedom of Information Day 2014
- Boston Evacuation Day 2014
- Evacuation Day 2014
- Supreme Sacrifice Day 2014
- National Poultry Day 2014
- Kick Butts Day 2014
- National Ravioli Day 2014
- Extraterrestrial Abductions Day 2014
- National French Bread Day 2014
- National Puppy Day 2014
- National Chip and Dip Day 2014
- Near Miss Day 2014
- National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day 2014
- American Diabetes Alert Day 2014
- Spinach Festival Day 2014
- National Nougat Day 2014
- National Spanish Paella Day 2014
- National Joe Day 2014
- National Black Forest Cake Day 2014
- Smoke and Mirrors Day 2014
- National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day 2014
- I Am In Control Day 2014
- National Doctor's Day 2014
- National Bunsen Burner Day 2014
- Eiffel Tower Day 2014