National Cereal Day 2015
Cereals by definition belong to a particular class of food grains, among which rice, wheat and barley are included. Today, the term cereal is used to describe “breakfast cereals”, which are processed foods which are made up of basic cereals. Today, the breakfast cereal business has become a huge industry and there are massive sections dedicated to breakfast cereals in all supermarkets.
Cereals are the most convenient form of breakfast, as they are usually made ready to eat by just adding a bit of milk and sugar. Cereals are popular among young and old alike and so it is not surprising that a special day has been set aside for this popular form of food. National Cereal Day is celebrated on the 7th of March each year.
How to eat Cereals
In line with National Cereal Day, here are a few ideas how you can make your cereal-eating experience more interesting.
Cereals are normally eaten with just milk and sugar. However, you can cut some fresh fruits like strawberries, kiwi fruit, peaches and apricots to make a pleasant variation.
Nuts like cashews, pistachios, almonds, raisins, walnuts and pecans add to the flavor of the cereal.
Cereals taste great when mixed with granola, which gives that extra zing to the general taste.
Liquid additives such as maple syrup, honey and fruit crush should not be ruled out as these can give a finishing touch to your cereal meal.
Activities on this Day
On this day, make sure you have a cereal breakfast. You should use a variety of cereals so that you get a wholesome breakfast.
As it’s a special day, share your breakfast with someone special, a friend, your parents, brother or sister.
When you go to the supermarket on National Cereal Day, visit the cereal section to find out about the different varieties of cereal on display. Take some home with you and you may discover some interesting ones.
Tell whoever you meet about what day it is so that they can tell others and as many people as possible will know about National Cereal Day.
Whatever you do on this day, make sure that cereals get their due and make sure to have lots of fun with your friends and family on National Cereal Day.
Events in March
- National Pig Day 2015
- National Horse Protection Day 2015
- Work Your Proper Hours Day 2015
- Self Injury Awareness Day 2015
- National Old Stuff Day 2015
- National Banana Cream Pie Day 2015
- Texas Independence Day 2015
- National Anthem Day 2015
- I Want You To Be Happy Day 2015
- Western Australia Labor Day 2015
- Alexander Graham Bell Day 2015
- National Pound Cake Day 2015
- Purim Carnival 2015
- Hug a GI Day 2015
- National Cheese Doodle Day 2015
- National Multiple Personality Day 2015
- National Dentist Day 2015
- National Frozen Food Day 2015
- Middle Name Pride Day 2015
- National Cereal Day 2015
- National Alfred Hitchcock Day 2015
- Daylight Savings Time 2015
- Panic Day 2015
- National Crab Meat Day 2015
- Tasmania Labor Day 2015
- Victoria Labor Day 2015
- National Blueberry Popover Day 2015
- National Worship of Tools Day 2015
- Plumbers Day 2015
- Plant a Flower Day 2015
- Girl Scouts Day 2015
- National Jewel Day 2015
- Earmuff Day 2015
- Learn About Butterfly Day 2015
- National Potato Chips Day 2015
- National Pears Helene Day 2015
- Freedom of Information Day 2015
- Evacuation Day 2015
- St Patricks Day 2015
- Boston Evacuation Day 2015
- Kick Butts Day 2015
- Supreme Sacrifice Day 2015
- National Poultry Day 2015
- Extraterrestrial Abductions Day 2015
- National Ravioli Day 2015
- National French Bread Day 2015
- Near Miss Day 2015
- National Puppy Day 2015
- National Chip and Dip Day 2015
- National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day 2015
- American Diabetes Alert Day 2015
- Spinach Festival Day 2015
- National Nougat Day 2015
- National Spanish Paella Day 2015
- National Joe Day 2015
- National Black Forest Cake Day 2015
- Smoke and Mirrors Day 2015
- National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day 2015
- Palm Sunday 2015
- National Doctor's Day 2015
- I Am In Control Day 2015
- Eiffel Tower Day 2015
- National Bunsen Burner Day 2015
- 24World Development Information Day 2014
- 24UN Disarmament Week 2014
- 24United Nations Day 2014
- 24Greater Gulf State Fair 2014
- 25World Pasta Day 2014
- 26Mother in Law Day 2014
- 28Chocolate Day 2014
- 29World Psoriasis Day 2014
- 29National Cat Day 2014
- 31History of Halloween
- 31World Savings Day 2014