What is the MBE Test?
The Multi-State Bar Exam (MBE) designed by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) is an exam which is held at centers all over the US twice a year in July and February for qualifying people to study to practice law.
The paper consists of 200 questions on various aspects of law. The purpose of the MBE test is similar to the Law School Application Test (LSAT), but the type of questions varies in nature. It is common for students to appear for both tests and score differently in both. The MBE test paper consists of 200 questions on various aspects of law.
Eligibility is based on jurisdictions, and it is the responsibility of the aspiring candidate to find out whether the MBE test being conducted comes under the jurisdiction of the candidate’s region.
The information regarding the jurisdiction of the MBE tests being conducted in the different regions is available on a list which is regularly updated and available on the Bar Admission Offices page on the Internet.
As the MBE test is a qualification test for entry in law schools in the country, the basic qualification is to have completed high school.
- To study law in any reputed law school, one of the requirements is usually to have cleared the MBE test.
- There are several requirements for qualifying for the MBE test and so it is important to be aware of these requirements to avoid disqualification.
- Another of the requirements for the MBE test is that the candidate should have majored in a particular subject with a 4-year undergraduate bachelor’s degree.
- Now-a-days, there are a lot of study materials available for preparation for the MBE test.
- Once the registration formalities have been completed, the candidate will need to put aside time for preparation for the test.
- The first and easiest step is to get on to the net and browse for free study material. There are a lot of free study material and mock tests available online.
- Once you have collected a reasonable amount of free study material, you can further enhance your preparation by purchasing some matter online.
- You will find several guides, mock tests and study preparation material in bookstores, especially those which are dedicated to law publications.
- There are several study groups and tutorials being conducted in different areas. You can find out where tutorials for MBE test preparation are being conducted in your locality or a nearby locality and register with such groups.
- You can also make good use of multimedia as there is a lot of matter available on CDs, in the form of videos and interactive sessions.
There is no set standard for passing of the MBE test, but the criteria for pass or fail are determined by combining the Essay Test Scale Score and the MBE Scale Score.