Keene Pumpkin Festival 2014
Event Name : Keene Pumpkin Festival
Start Date:18 October 2014
Venue : Keene, New Hampshire, United States
The Keene Pumpkin Festival is a yearly festival of amassing jack-o’-lantern in one place held around Halloween. The Keene Pumpkin Festival is held in Keene, New Hampshire, United states. Jack-o’-lanterns are lanterns carved out of pumpkins. The festival is also known as pumpkin fest or P-Fest and has even spread to other parts of United States of America. The festivals attempts to break the previously held word record of amassing pumpkin lanterns at one place.
The organizers try to break the record every year with the help from business houses and organizations, schools, community and individuals who donate the jack-o’-lanterns. The Keene Pumpkin Festival is not just about the pumpkin lanterns but also about splendid fireworks, mouthwatering food and lots of music. Every year the Keene Pumpkin Festival draws loads of tourists around the world who come there to witness this extra ordinary event. In 2006, The Keene Pumpkin Festival attracted more than 80000 people from around the world which is quite a huge number compared to Keene population of less than 30000 people.
The Keene Pumpkin Festival is held on a Saturday in mid to late October, during Halloween. Once the festival is over, the pumpkins are removed by the volunteers and donated to nearby pig farms to be consumed as food for pigs.
The Keene Pumpkin Festival had the Guinness record of 28952 lanterns set at the festival held on 25th October 2003. This record was overturned by pumpkin festival held in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America on 21st October 2006 by amassing 30128 pumpkin lanterns. Guinness World record authorities issued a certificate to Camp Sunshine, the organizers of Boston pumpkin festival to mark this record. In 2011, The Keene Pumpkin Festival was held on 22nd October 2011.
Keene Pumpkin Festival Yearly Pumpkin Count
- 1991 - Harvest Festival - (600)
- 1992 - 1st World Record - (1,628)
- 1993 - 2nd World Record - (4,817)
- 1994 - 3rd World Record - (10,540)
- 1995 - "Rainy Pumpkin Festival" - (9,812)
- 1996 - 4th World Record - (13,044)
- 1997 - 5th World Record - (13,432)
- 1998 - 6th World Record - (17,693)
- 1999 - Pumpkin Festival - (16,349)
- 2000 - 7th World Record - (23,727)
- 2001 - Pumpkin Festival - (22,633)
- 2002 - "Second Rainy Pumpkin Festival" - (18,882)
- 2003 - 8th World Record - (28,952)
- 2004 - Pumpkin Festival - (27,584)
- 2005 - "Year of the Flood" Pumpkin Festival - (22,157)
- 2006 - Pumpkin Festival - (24,682)
- 2007 - Pumpkin Festival - (25,644)
- 2008 - Pumpkin Festival - (22,568)
- 2009 - Pumpkin Festival - (29,762)
- 2010 - 20th Annual Pumpkin Festival - (22,943)
- 2011 - Pumpkin Festival, "Let it Shine!" - (16,186)
- 2012- Pumpkin Festival - (29,381)