What is a K1 Visa?
K1 Visa is a dual intent visa that allows the citizens of United States to bring their foreign fiance/fiancee to the USA with the purpose of getting married in the states within 90 days of entry. Once the couple marries, the foreign citizen can adjust status to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States (Green Card holder).
The documents needed for most K-1 Visa applications are listed below.
- Form I-129F Petition must be completely filled and signed by Alien Fiance.
- Completed and signed Forms G-325A for you and your Fiancée.
- One Non-immigrant Fiance Visa Application, Form DS-156K and Payment of fees.
- Recently taken two color photos (2"X2") of you and your spouse.
- Financial statements.
- A valid passport with a minimum of six months validity beyond the applicant's planned period of stay in the US.
- Proof of evidence that you have met your alien fiancé/fiancée (Ex: letters, phone records etc).
- Affidavit of Support, Form I-134/I-864 should be sent by American sponsor to show he or she has an income or assets that are above the poverty line in the petitioner's state of residence.
- If previously married, you must provide divorce decrees or death certificate of spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner (if applicable)
- If you or your Fiancée are using a name other than on the relevant document, you must submit the legal documents showing how your name change has occurred (such as: marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order).
- Evidence of your citizenship (certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, or U.S. birth certificate).
- Applicants past three years' tax returns or past three years' tax return of other sponsors, if any.
- Medical examination (form I-693).
- Police certificate from all places lived since age 16.
- Evidence to show that the applicant is in relation with his/her fiance/fiancee. (Photos of engagement).
- Letter of Intent stating that you will marry the non-US citizen within 90 days upon arrival into the United States.
K1 Visa Related Articles