International Day of Families 2014
International day of families 2014 theme is "Stronger Families, Stronger Communities", 2013 theme is "Advancing Social Integration and Intergenerational Solidarity" and 2012 theme is "Ensuring Work-Family Balance".
May 15 is distinguished as the International Day of the Family. This day showcase the significance of families. It intends at promoting impartiality, bringing forth a fuller sharing of household responsibilities and service opportunities. The programs embarked on to remember the day, put an efforts in the direction of supporting families in the executions of their duties. It is apt to encourage the intrinsic potency of families, counting their immense ability of self-reliance, and exciting self-sustaining activities.
International Day of Families brings out the significance of families as fundamental units of humanity and provides a chance for governments, organisations and individuals to encourage knowledge of the troubles, strengths and wants of families.
Family comprises the essential unit of society. For this reason, the widest likely defense and help should be accorded to families with the intention that they completely presuppose their responsibilities within the group of people to the provisions of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Declaration on Social Progress and Developments and the Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against women.
In the past, many family groups lived and every group spoke a diverse language and held dissimilar attitude. Yet on singular times hundreds of people from diverse family groupings would congregate together for a corroboree or meeting. Then they would exchange thoughts, organize marriages and rejoice by painting their bodies, hopping, banqueting and singing for days and weeks on end. This provided their life a much needed balance. There were difficult times but the families were together. These days, we too face difficult times, and the significance of family and sticking together still exists.
The year 1994 was announced as the International Year of Families by the United Nations. This was a retort to altering communal and fiscal structures, which have affected and still have an impact upon the structure and steadiness of family units in many countries of the globe. The International Day of Families, on May 15, is a juncture to ponder on the work started during 1994 and to rejoice the significance of families, people, civilizations and cultures around the world. It has been held every year since 1995.
The representation of the International Day of Families consists of a dark green circle with a picture in red. The picture consists of elements of uncomplicated drawings of a heart and a house. This point out that family is the hub of society and provides a steady and supporting home for people of all ages.
May 15th marks the United Nations’ International Day of Families. The yearly ceremony mirrors the significance that the global society is connected to families as basic units of societies in addition to its worry concerning their state of affairs around the globe. This day also offer an occasion to add to the facts of the economic, literary, social and demographic methods affecting families. It is highlighted that public observe themselves as part of their comprehensive family, including their ancestors and their descendants. That’s why children are very important in their society.
The United Nations Programme on the Family is the central point within the United Nations scheme on issues linked to family. As crucial point, its primary actions and activities are to:
- Provide substantive services in the fields of family and family policy to United Nations intergovernmental bodies, chiefly the General Assembly, Commission for Social Development and the Economic and Social Council;
- Promote the understanding of the purpose of the International Day of the Family;
- Promote the incorporation of a family viewpoint into policy-making at the national, regional and international levels;
- Exchange know-how and skills, circulate information and hold up networking on family issues;
- Maintain family research and diagnostic studies;
- Support and boost harmonization on family policies and programs within nationwide rules and within the United Nations system;
- Provide technical help and capacity-building support to developing country Governments, at their demand, in the area of the family; and
- Communicate and chat with Governments, civil people and the private sector on family subject matters
Activities and Events
An extensive range of proceedings are planned at local, national and international levels on International Day of Families. These comprise: workshops, colloquiums and policy meeting for public officials; display and organized discussions to elevate consciousness of the yearly theme; instructive meetings for brood and young people; and the opening of campaigns for public plans to reinforce and hold up family units. In a few countries, tool kits are shaped to assist folks in organizing festivities aimed at a specific part of the population, for example school kids or juvenile adults.
International Observance Slogans
- » Earth Day Theme
- » International Credit Union Day Theme
- » International Nurses Day Theme
- » International Womens Day Theme
- » International Youth Day Theme
- » World Aids Day Theme
- » World Blood Donor Day Theme
- » World Cancer Day Theme
- » World Environment Day Theme
- » World Habitat Day Theme
- » World Health Day Theme
- » World Heart Day Theme
- » World Mental Health Day Theme
- » World Ocean Day Theme
- » World TB Day Theme
- » World Tourism Day Theme
- » World Water Day Theme
- » World Wetlands Day Theme
- » World Youth Day Theme