Come Halloween and it’s time to carve your Jack-o’-lanterns. If you haven’t done so yet, what are you waiting for? We have for you step-by-step instruction on carving your Jack-o-lantern. We also bring to you some popular Jack-o-lantern ideas that you may try this Halloween.
The first thing you need is a heavy and firm pumpkin without any discolored or soft spots. You will also need one medium knife, one small knife and one medium serving spoon for carving the pumpkin. Keep a newspaper and medium sized bowl handy to make sure you do not end up in a mess. Finally, you will need one dry erase marker and one candle to give that artistic touch to your lantern.
Just follow these simple steps for carving your Halloween Jack-o’-lanterns:
1. Cover your working space with newspaper.
2. Cut out a section from the top around the stem. The hole should be big enough for your hand to fit through.
3. Scoop out the seeds and pulp using your hand or the serving spoon. Try to scrape it all out from the rind.
4. Now that your pumpkin is clean, get ready to sketch the desired face or design that you have in your mind on the roundest side of the pumpkin using the dry erase marker. Here are few ideas that you may try:
5. Cut along the design using the small knife and discard the loose pieces.
6. Light the candle and put it inside the pumpkin and put the stem back on. Your Jack-o’-lantern is ready.
If you have several ideas, carve few more Halloween Jack-o’-lanterns and let your creativity be on display this Halloween.