- Glenn Close is the most famous American film and stage actress and singer.
- She was best known for her role as a deranged stalker in Fatal Attraction which was done on 1987.
Glenn Close Awards
- Glenn Close has achieved an Emmy Award, and two Golden Globes, three Tony Awards.
- She was further been nominated for Glenn Close, eight Emmys, and nine Golden Globes.
Glenn Close Birth Place and Details
Glenn Close was born on March 19 in the year 1947 in Greenwich, Connecticut. Still now her birthday is celebrated among famous birthdays in March.
- Glenn Close was as first married to Post Cereals' heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post, making she is a relative of screenwriter or director Preston Sturges and actress Dina Merrill.
- She is also a second cousin once removed of Brooke Shields.
- During the childhood she attended the Choate Rosemary Hall, a private boarding school in Connecticut, and later the College of William and Mary; there she was elected to membership in the honor society of Phi Beta Kappa.
Glenn Close Accomplishment
Glenn Close was a multitalented actress and performer.She is better remembered for her chilling roles as the scheming aristocrat Madame de Merteuil in Dangerous Liaisons and as the psychotic book editor Alex in Fatal Attraction.She has been nominated for Best Actress in Dangerous Liaisons and Fatal Attraction, five Academy Awards, and for Best Supporting Actress in The Natural, The Big Chill, and The World According to Garp.In the year 1990 film Reversal of Fortune to critical acclaim she also played the role of Sunny von Bülow. In the year 1990, she performed a challenging roles on television and starred in the highly rated presentation of the 1991 Hallmark Hall of Fame drama Sarah, Plain and Tall and also in the made-for-TV movie Serving in Silence such as The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story in the year 1995); from these roles she was nominated for 8 Emmys where she won one and 9Golden Globes winning one in 2005 and 2007.
Glenn Close Career
- Glenn Close also has a widespread career performing in various Broadway musicals.
- One of she most distinguished roles on stage was Norma Desmond in the Andrew Lloyd Webber production of Sunset Boulevard, for which Close has won a Tony award playing the role on Broadway in the year 1994.
- In the year 1998 Close was also a guest star, at the Andrew Lloyd Webber fiftieth birthday party celebration, in the Royal Albert Hall.