Family Day Quotes
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
- Family Day Quotes by Desmond Tutu
An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship.
- Family Day Quotes by Spanish Proverb
Blood's thicker than water, and when one's in trouble
Best to seek out a relative's open arms.
- Family Day Quotes by Author Unknown
The happiness of the domestic fireside is the first boon of Heaven; and it is well it is so, since it is that which is the lot of the mass of mankind.
- Family Day Quotes by Thomas Jefferson, 1813
The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us to become our best while looking our worst.
- Family Day Quotes by Marge Kennedy
The family is one of nature's masterpieces.
- Family Day Quotes by George Santayana, The Life of Reason
We cannot destroy kindred: our chains stretch a little sometimes, but they never break.
- Family Day Quotes by Marquise de Sevigne
Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
- Family Day Quotes by Anthony Brandt
It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.
- Family Day Quotes by Johann Schiller
IThe family is a haven in a heartless world.
- Family Day Quotes by Attributed to Christopher Lasch
Nobody has ever before asked the nuclear family to live all by itself in a box the way we do. With no relatives, no support, we've put it in an impossible situation.
- Family Day Quotes by Margaret Mead
IFamilies are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.
- Family Day Quotes by Author Unknown
IIf you don't believe in ghosts, you've never been to a family reunion.
- Family Day Quotes by Ashleigh Brilliant
We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies.
- Family Day Quotes by Shirley Abbott.
IFamily: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space.
- Family Day Quotes by Evan Esar
IA family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.
- Family Day Quotes by Ogden Nash
When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.
- Family Day Quotes by Joyce Brothers
In some families, please is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was sorry.
- Family Day Quotes by Margaret Laurence
Family quarrels have a total bitterness unmatched by others. Yet it sometimes happens that they also have a kind of tang, a pleasantness beneath the unpleasantness, based on the tacit understanding that this is not for keeps; that any limb you climb out on will still be there later for you to climb back.
- Family Day Quotes by Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.
- Family Day Quotes by Barbara Bush
When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them.
- Family Day Quotes by George Bernard Shaw
Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
- Family Day Quotes by Jane Howard
There is no cure for laziness but a large family helps.
- Family Day Quotes by Herbert Prochnov
At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable.
- Family Day Quotes by Mark V. Olsen and Will Sheffer, Big Love, "Easter"
If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable - each segment distinct.
- Family Day Quotes by Letty Cottin Pogrebin
There's an awful lot of blood around that water is thicker than.
- Family Day Quotes by Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966
Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.
- Family Day Quotes by Gail Lumet Buckley
Family quarrels are bitter things. They don't go by any rules. They're not like aches or wounds; they're more like splits in the skin that won't heal because there's not enough material.
- Family Day Quotes by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted.
- Family Day Quotes by Paul Pearshall
Are we not like two volumes of one book?
- Family Day Quotes by Marceline Desbordes -Valmore
I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap.
- Family Day Quotes by Fred Allen
The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born.
- Family Day Quotes by Pearl S. Buck
The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life's essential unfairness.
- Family Day Quotes by Nancy Mitford
The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.
- Family Day Quotes by Thomas Jefferson
Sometimes our hearts get tangled
And our souls a little off -kilter
Friends and family can set us right
And help guide us back to the light.
- Family Day Quotes by Sera Christann
The family - that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.
- Family Day Quotes by Dodie Smith
Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining?
- Family Day Quotes by Robert Brault, robertbrault.com
The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.
- Family Day Quotes by Kendall Hailey, The Day I Became an Autodidact
In time of test, family is best.
- Family Day Quotes by Burmese Proverb
Family is just accident.... They don't mean to get on your nerves. They don't even mean to be your family, they just are.
- Family Day Quotes by Marsha Norman
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family.
- Family Day Quotes by Lee Iacocca
Friends are God's apology for relations.
- Family Day Quotes by Hugh Kingsmill
They... threw themselves into the interests of the rest, but each plowed his or her own furrow. Their thoughts, their little passions and hopes and desires, all ran along separate lines. Family life is like this - animated, but collateral.
- Family Day Quotes by Rose Macaulay
What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.
- Family Day Quotes by George Eliot
More About Family Day
- Family Day 2013
- Family Day Dates
- Family Day 2013 Activities & Celebrations
- Family Day Quotes
- Family Day Recipes
- National Stepfamily Day 2013