For every visa application you need to provide documentation which will prove your identity, purpose of visit and other trivial documents. You need to bring them along when you are submitting your visa application. Without proper documentation your application can be rejected at the counsel itself. Therefore your documentation is the key to approval of your visa. The list of documents which are needed are given below
- Applicants Passport
- Visa fee receipt
- Interview appointment letter
These are the main documents which you will need to attend the interview. Apart from this you will also need supporting documents which will help you in proving various questions which they will be asking you in the interview. The supporting documents are the ones which give the counsel assurance that you will not be staying in USA after your trip. Also there is no intention of illegally doing a job in USA. Therefore these documents are also equally important to those of the original documents. The list of supporting document is given below.
- Sponsorship documents – some of the applicants are not financial strong enough to afford a trip to USA. These applicants are bound to get sponsored by a person from USA or from a firm in their country. Hence, the documents which show their sponsorship and the person/firm who is sponsoring them its documents are necessary.
- Property documents – Property documents prove that you have assets in your country which you will not abandon to live in America. These documents are generally your address proof, ownership papers or personal affidavits which state that the property is yours.
- Professional documents – professional documents prove your work profession. They can be your offer letter or your joining date in your company. Sometimes even bank statements of your salary can also be asked. If you are retired then you can show your pension letter to the counsel. For business professionals your visiting card will be enough as a proof of your business commitments. Also for working individuals a no objection certificate (NOC) from the company should also be submitted.
- Financial documents – these are the documents which show the financial stability which you are having at your place. Take original income tax certificates of the last 3 years as a proof of your earnings. Other financial papers can be bank statements, fixed deposits, shares and insurances also can be provided at the counsel.
- Family documents – the basic documents about your family like marriage certificate, birth certificate and if you have a family tree chart then you can provide that documents also. You need to provide this so that the counsel can check there are no remarks regarding your family and you don’t have any civil cases on your name or any other family member.
- Travel documents – if you have any travel insurance you can provide those papers and also you can show your travel itinerary. Your air ticket also proves to be a vital travel document.
- It is not possible to state all the necessary documents in the list. It is better to consult a person who has already gone to an interview and check with him regarding the other supporting documents which are necessary to take to the interview along with you. Wish you all the best!!
B2 Visa Related Articles