The British Citizenship test also known as the Life in the UK test is a must for those who wish to apply for a permanent citizenship in the country. Here are the British Citizenship Test Requirements:
1. The level of your English must be ESOL Entry 3 and above. For those residing in Scotland the level is set at Intermediate Level 1 or above.
2. If you fall below the set levels then such applicants will be advised to attend both ESOL and citizenship classes and meet the requirement to take the test.
3. Knowledge of English is a must for attempting the test.
4. However, if you are a resident of Wales and appearing for the test in a Wales centre, then the test paper can be customized to Welch language.
5. Similarly, if you are a resident of Scotland and appearing for the test in a Scotland centre, then the test paper can be customized to Scottish Gaelic language.
6. The applicant has to attain 18 years of age to take the test.
7. Should have stayed in the UK for more than 3 years or 5 years without break.
8. Must have a valid proof of identification and residential address.
9. Must have proof of employment or independent living.
10. Should provide proof of tax payment.
It is only after you meet all these requirements that you can go ahead with the process of applying and booking a test slot.