Boxing Day Food
- remains of cold roast or boiled beef
- minced herbs
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- Cut up the beef bearably fine with small amount of its own fat. Add a seasoning of salt, pepper and chopped herbs.
- Put the entire into a roll of puff-pastry, and cook in the oven for ½ hour, or longer if the turn over is bigger.
- Beef patties may be made of cold meat, by mincing and seasoning beef as aimed at above, and sweltering in a rich puff pastry.
Smashed peas with cold ham
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 100g/1¾oz fresh or frozen peas
- 5 or 6 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- slices of cold ham such as
- West Country cooked ham
- Bring a large pan of salty water to the bubble.
- Pop the entire cloves of garlic into the pot and boil for 5-10 minutes, or until very fond.
- At this point put in the peas and the sage and cook for about 2 min, until the peas are prepared.
- Drain carefully and either crush the peas with the butter and oil, or pulse all to a rough uniformity in a food processor.
- Serve beside slices of ham or on it’s possessed as a great summer dip.
Parsnip hash browns
- 450g waxy potatoes (such as Charlotte)
- 350g parsnips or other root veg
- 1 small onion , halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 1 egg , beaten
- 4-5 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon or slices of prosciutto
- 6 stems of cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 6 eggs
- Peel and coarsely annoy the potatoes and parsnips - if you're by means of a food processor, join the medium grater. Squeeze out as much water as likely with your hands and put them in a bowl.
- Blend in the onion, garlic, egg and season if you like. Divide the combination into six and approximately shape into level cakes. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a big non-stick frying pan and cook three of the cakes on a low heat for 4-5 mins on each side until golden and gentle. Transfer to kitchen paper with a slotted spoon and leave to cool while boiling the remainder, adding remaining oil as necessary. In the meantime grill the bacon and tomatoes, simmer the eggs and serve beside.
More About Boxing Day
- 012014 Labor Day in USA
- 01Canadian Labor Day 2014
- 05Teachers Day 2014
- 07Grandparents Day 2014
- 08International Literacy Day 2014
- 09Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Awareness Day 2014
- 10Suicide Prevention Day 2014
- 10New Mexico State Fair 2014
- 11Oklahoma State Fair 2014
- 12Eastern States Fair 2014
- 13National Peanut Day 2014
- 13Positive Thinking Day 2014