Mel Colm-Cille Gerard Gibson born on January 3, 1956. Mel Gibson is an actor, director, producer and screenwriter.
Mel Gibson native place is Peekskill in New York. His parents are Hutton Gibson and Anne Reilly. His first name is ‘Saint Mel’.
At the age of 12, Gibson shifted to Sydney, Australia. Later on he learned acting at the National Institute of Dramatic Art. He is a graduate in “members of the Congregation of Christian Brothers” at St. Leo's Catholic College in Wahroonga, New South Wales.
Mel Gibson and Robyn Moore wedded on 7th June, 1980 in a Catholic Church at Forestville, New South Wales. They had seven children with one daughter.
as an Actor
- Mel Gibson started his acting career in 1977. Mel Gibson’s first movie was ‘Summer City’ in 1977.
- He recently acted in a movie ‘Edge of Darkness’ in 2009.
as a Director:
- Mel Gibson directed his first movie ‘The Man without a Face’ in 1993.
- His award-winning picture ‘Braveheart’ was released in 1995.
- He directed his last movie in 2006 which is ‘Apocalypto’.
as a Producer:
- Mel Gibson has produced the first movie ‘Forever Young’ in 1992.
- His last produced television episode was ‘Another Day in Paradise’ in 2008.
as a Screenwriter:
- Mel Gibson has also worked a screenwriter, for the movie ‘The Passion of the Christ’ in 2004.
- He was the writer of the movie ‘Apocalypto’ in 2006.
Mel Gibson Awards and Nominations
- Mel Gibson has won many Awards and Nominations in his film career.
- In 1995, he has given his best performance in the movie ‘Braveheart’. He was the actor, director and producer for the film ‘Braveheart’.
- He nominated as Best Male Performance Artist for MTV Movie Awards for the film ‘Braveheart’.
- He received ‘Academy Award for Best Director’, ‘Golden Globe Award for Best Director’, ‘BFCA Award for Best Director’, ‘ShoWest Award for Director of the year’, ‘National Board of Review Special Achievement in Filmmaking’ for the movie ‘Braveheart’ in 1995.
- He also nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Direction and Directors Guild of America Award for the film ‘Braveheart’.
- He married life with Robyn Moore and about their Divorce:
- He married Robyn Moore in 1980. They had seven children. They divorced after 28 years. They lived separately for three years. The couple had separated after Mel Gibson was arrested for the drunken-driving in 2006.
- On April 13, 2009, Robyn Moore applied for the divorce. TMZ.com stated that, “Moore filed the papers against Mel Gibson citing “irreconcilable differences” "
- The couple has given a statement to People.com, "Throughout our married life and separation we have always strived to maintain the privacy and integrity of our family and will continue to do so."
- Robyn Moore is looking for joint care of their last child Thomas (9). Robyn expects to safe and sound spousal support and she is ready to offer legal fees of $500 millions.
- He is in love with the Russian famous Singer
- He loved the Russian famous singer ‘Oksana Grigorieva’ before his divorce with Robyn Moore. He photographed with a Russian soloist “Oksana Grigorieva”. He walked with brunette beauty Oksana Grigorieva at the Los Angeles premiere of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine”.